Childhood hunger is a real crisis. It’s within each of our schools, neighborhoods, and communities. Sometimes it’s visible and other times it’s not. But it is something that can be put to rest if we all step up and help. That is why I partnering with Albertsons/Safeway to share 5 Ways to Help End Childhood Hunger.
5 Ways to Help End Childhood Hunger
- Get involved. The best way to help childhood hunger is to get involved. Whether it’s donating time, money, or food there are ways to help get involved and make a difference in a child’s life. The first step is just doing it.
- Spread the word. The best kind of way to spread news is verbally to your family and friends. Send a group text message about how you are helping and they can too, post on social media, get your co-workers, church members or whoever involved and have them help be the change.
- Volunteer. This goes hand-in-hand with getting involved but it’s worth it’s own way of helping. Volunteer doesn’t just mean you are actively involved with the problem and helping create the solution, but you are also setting an example. An example for future generations (including your children) to be inspired and want to help make a difference as well. In fact, get your child in on volunteering too!
- Stay educated. In order to make a difference you need to have all of the facts at hand. So getting and keeping informed can give you the best tools you need to make a difference.
- Purchase from brands that give back. There are many brands right here in the United States that are working hard to donate time, money, and food to those in need. Just like with any business though they need our help. By purchasing products from brands that give back, we are already inflicting change without any additional effort on our parts.
How to Participate in the “Hunger Is” Campaign
The Albertsons/Safeway family of stores will be having a national “Hunger Is” campaign taking place September 1st through September 30th, 2015 to help aid in the relief of childhood hunger in America. This program is designed to raise awareness, volunteer hours, and funds that will improve health outcomes for hungry children and their families.
The “Hunger Is” campaign will be lead by the Safeway Foundation and the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF). They will help manage the local distribution of funds collected by store to their local food banks in the communities in which the Albertsons Safeway family of stores operates.
2 ways you can help:
- Donation Campaign- at the register shoppers will be asked by cashiers while checking out if they would like to donate to the Hunger Is fundraiser.
- Brand Partnerships- any purchase of a participating product earns a meal. Participating Brands/Products include: Con Agra – Marie Calender’s, Healthy Choice, Bertolli’s and PF Changs brands, Coke, Unilever, Kellogg’s, and Campbell’s.
Below are a few of the participating brands that I purchased for my own home.
To see the full list of participating brands and to learn more on how you can help, visit www.hungeris.org or the Albertsons website.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway . The opinions and text are all mine.