DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are in our super cool Facebook group by now, right? If not click here to join!
I’ll be honest with you, sometimes I just don’t like to cook. Okay, it’s pretty much a rare occasion when I do but mostly because I don’t like all the cleanup involved. Now that summer is almost here and kids will be home all day I have to get smart with my cooking so I came up with a delicious Sausage and Gravy Hobo Dinner that also makes cleanup a breeze!
Aside from making this delicious dinner at home, it makes for the perfect camping dinner. Just throw everything together in tin foil, grill, and eat. Then toss the foil away when you are done. Easy peasy!
What You Will Need to Make a Sausage and Gravy Hobo Dinner:
- Johnsonville Beddar with Cheddar Sausage (you can also use any of the grillers varieties)
- Fresh Potatoes, Chopped
- 1 Onion, Chopped
- Carrot Chips
- 1 Can of Corn
- 1 Can of Pork Gravy
- 1 Tablespoon of Butter
- Shredded Cheese
- Montreal Steak Seasoning
- Aluminum Foil
How to Make a Sausage and Gravy Hobo Dinner:
- First start by cutting up your potatoes and placing them into a large bowl with the can of corn (drain the corn first), carrots, and seasoning. I just seasoned and mixed until there was enough seasoning on all of the vegetables.
- Remove the sausage from the package and slice them up.
- Use a large piece of aluminum foil to create a “pocket” of sorts to add the ingredients in. I doubled mine up so it wouldn’t rip when being grilled.
- Add the ingredients onto the piece of aluminum foil as shown below. You can also place a piece of butter on top for some added flavor.
- Now spoon some of the gravy on the top of the ingredients and then wrap up the aluminum foil so it’s entirely closed. Basically I made mine look like calzones so it was pinched together around the edges.
- Grill on medium heat for about 20-25 minutes. Once the potatoes are nice and soft you know everything is done.
- Remove from the grill and place onto a glass or heat safe plate. Open the foil, add a bit of shredded cheese to the top and enjoy your hobo dinner!
Dinner is Made Easy with Johnsonville
I mentioned before how I don’t care to cook due to the fact it takes forever to cleanup especially after a crowd. However, this summer I feel confident I can host a party at my home and still make guests something delicious. The recipe I shared today is a perfect example of something you can make for yourself, your family, and even a crowd.
With Memorial Day approaching many of us will be firing up our grills so why not make something that is both delicious and easy?
Johnsonville grillers are available in several different delicious varieties so you can customize your recipes including this hobo dinner to satisfy your taste.
You can pick up Johnsonville Grillers at your local grocery store. You can also learn more about them here.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Johnsonville. The opinions and text are all mine.