We are hearing the term “Social Distancing” A LOT, but what does it really mean?
To be honest, it is a funny term and I’m wondering why we are calling it that in the first place.
But we are, so you might know that to help with social distancing there has been actions taken to close schools, churches, large gathering, and the like.
But, what else does social distancing mean for us?
Social distancing is a term applied to certain actions that are taken by Public Health officials to stop or slow down the spread of a highly contagious disease.CIDRAP
Y’all this social distancing is a mere measure to slow the spread of the illness. So, social distancing means — Staying Away From People.
I’m not sure what else we can call it – maybe just WOAH THERE.
Nonetheless, The CDC recommends keeping a distance of 6 feet or more from individuals, but it is best to just avoid the public all together for now.
How Can YOU Help With Social Distancing?
- Avoid places with large crowds of people.
- Forego handshakes, high fives, hugs, and dear lord, kisses (Yes, teenager. I’m talking to you.).
- Don’t touch money or disgustingingly dirty Credit Card transaction pads. Use electronic transaction as much as possible.
- If someone is sick, STAY AWAY. I don’t care if they think it is “just a cold,” or “allergies.” Don’t risk it.
What Are Some Social Distancing Measures Being Taken By Schools, Businesses, And The Government?
- Closing schools, where large numbers of kids and adults gather. Some schools are going to some form of tele-education.
- Some retail or service locations are going to a drive-thru ONLY option. They are only letting employees inside the buildings.
- Many businesses are letting employees work from home, to prevent them from gathering at work.
- The government is assessing the situation, and suggesting measures for social distancing.
Y’all it is super important that we follow the guidelines for social distancing. The best way to control the spread of the virus, is by just that. Not giving the virus a way to spread from person to person through contact.
This isn’t FOREVER. It is just for now.
Oh, and if you think of a better term for this social distancing thing, let me know.
Need some ideas of activities to keep you sane while cooped up inside? We got you! Check it out.