It’s Halloween time, and that means Halloween treats! My kiddo made these awesome White Chocolate Eyeball Pretzel Bites with a little help from Imperial Sugar!
We found this recipe for White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Eyeballs over at the Imperial Sugar Website and my daughter had to try it for herself!
How To Make White Chocolate Covered Pretzel Eyeballs:
- Make your pretzels according to the directions found here.
- Roll your pretzels out into 1 inch balls and place them on a cookie sheet. This was the fun part, and your kids will get a big kick out of it!
- Cover them in an egg wash. It’s like painting, but with pretzels!
- Let them bake for about six minutes, then you will have to broil them for another 2-3 so they get nice and brown just like a pretzel.
- When you pull them out of the oven, let them cool a bit. (We waited about a half an hour.)
- Melt some white candy melts according to the package directions. (You can find all sorts of candy melts at craft stores, but we just needed white for this so you can get that in the baking aisle of any grocery store.)
- Dip your pretzels into the coating using a skewer and add a candy eyeball to the top of the pretzel before it hardens.
- Let your pretzels firm up. (How long depends on the candy melt you use. We waited about 15 minutes.)
- Take Royal Icing and draw squiggly lines down the eyeballs to look like veins. (Imperial Sugar has instructions for making your own royal icing here.)
- Now you have the COOLEST Halloween treat ever!
If you make this with your kids, show it off over on Hallecake’s Facebook page! And while you’re at it, check out the Halloween inspiration from Imperial Sugar over at Pinterest! (We’ve already made their Candy Corn Sugar Scrub!)