I have a little secret: I love OREO cookies.
The cream is what gets me. And, to further that love, I have found the Most Creamy Cream-Filled OREO Cupcakes–and I can’t get enough.
They’re so addictive.
Because OREO Cookie Recipe Ideas are Awesome
Not only do I just straight-up love OREO cookies, but, they’re so fun, I have a really good time making random snacks with them.
Heck, I’ve even jumped out of my comfort zone to make an OREO Milkshake during those hot summer days.
But my latest obsession has been the cream.
The Most Creamy Cream-Filled OREO Cupcakes
While I love the Thin OREOs, I really want more cream–but the double stuff…well, that’s still not enough.
So, I figured out how to make the Most Creamy Cream-Filled OREO Cupcakes.
And, just so we’re all clear–these are straight-up OREO cupcakes.
Don’t be cheatin’ and getting the off-brand.
These are real and creamy and amazing.
The amazingness starts with a super-chocolatey batter.
You gotta have loads of chocolate and some eggs.
Because eggs are what make cupcakes (and cake) all sorts of moist and creamy.
And we’re going for creamy here…
Then, once you have that batter perfect, it’s all about loading those cupcakes up with all the cream you can.
Hiding it inside in a little well? HECK YEAH.
Swirly-whorlly of more cream on top? ABSOLUTELY.
All the cream here.
All of it.
But then, to make it so much more authentic, adding more cream sandwiched between two cookies? Perfection.
And that’s all you can ask for in a cupcake, right? Perfection.
Because it’s the joining of cake and frosting.
Much like the joining of cream and cookie.
So, if you’re in for making your own OREO Cupcakes, this is where you first pin it–so you can find the recipe again when you’re ready for batch #2–and you drop a 5-star rating on the recipe, below so that we know you want more of this amazingness.
Let’s do it.
- For Cupcake Base:
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- For Icing:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 cup crushed Oreos
- For Filling:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp. milk
- one whole Oreo per cupcake
- Preheat oven to 350° and place paper baking cups into 24 regular-sized muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar, oil, and egg.
- Next, add vanilla extract.
- On a low speed, alternate blending in dry mixture and milk.
- Fill each muffin cup up about 2/3 full and bake for 20-25 minutes until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool thoroughly before filling.
Once cupcakes are thoroughly cooled, hollow out a small well into the center of each and place one spoonful of filling mixture (enough to reach the top of the cupcake).
- In a medium bowl, cream butter until it is soft and fluffy.
- Gradually blend in confectioners' sugar, then vanilla extract.
- Blend in milk one tablespoon at a time until right consistency is reached.
- Hand mix in crushed Oreos but don't over mix. You want this to have a good 'cookies and cream' feel to it.
- Add one whole Oreo to every cupcake.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 3g