DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are following us on TikTok by now, right? If not click here to follow!
Talk about the perfect nostalgic foodie experience. These Vegan Oatmeal Cream Pie Recipe take you back. Way back.
And I’m not talking back to the sad days of high school and lunchroom cookies that might make you gag. I’m talking real flavor that brings you all the way back to elementary school with mom’s packed-lunches.
They’re that good.
Vegan Oatmeal Cream Pie Recipe
When I found out my oldest daughter was going to have to live her life dairy-free and egg-free, one of the biggest concerns I had was not being able to share the different treats I enjoyed growing up.
I mean, who goes through life without cheese-puffs and caramel popcorn?!
So, I made it my mission to make things like this Vegan Oatmeal Cream Pie Recipe just for her.
And since adding another kiddo to the bunch that is even more allergic to milk than the other, making things like this Vegan Oatmeal Cream Pie Recipe have become second nature.
We pretty much come up with a way to make things dairy-free for every recipe ever.
And, turns out, I’m kinda good at it.
Like, take this Vegan Oatmeal Cream Pie Recipe, for example.
I made the irresistibly chewy oatmeal cookie to start with–because grandma made some awesome ones.
And then, one afternoon while I was enjoying one of those cookies, it just dawned on me that a little cream filling would make for the perfect Oatmeal Cream Pie.
Dude. I was so right!
I didn’t even have to use any hard-to-find or “weird” ingredients.
No flax seed or arrowroot powder (I don’t even know what I’d use that for).
Not in the cookies.
Not in the cream.
It’s clean-eating at it’s finest.
Except that I had to make a mess–but that’s negotiable.
If you’re a cleaner baker than I am, you’re doing better than me. LOL!
What I mean is, it’s just really basic ingredients put together in the most tasty way.
And I love it.
Because simple is fun and I sure like fun.
Also, because I often don’t have or don’t even understand why I’d use a non-standard ingredient.
I mean, seriously, what even is arrowroot?
And don’t get me started on xanthan gum–that stuff is way too sticky for me…LOL!
If you’re not ready to make your Vegan Oatmeal Cream Pies yet (meaning you have to run to the store for some oatmeal), be sure to pin this recipe so you can come back to it when you’re ready.
And when you do, be sure to give us 5-stars, if you love these cream pies, that way we know you’d like to see more of these recipes!
- 1 cup vegan buttery stick, room temperature
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tspn baking soda
- 1/2 tspn salt
- 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tblpsn coconut milk
- ½ cup vegan buttery stick, room temperature
- 1 tspn vanilla extract
- To make the cookies, preheat oven to 350-degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream vegan buttery stick and sugars together in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla and banana to the buttery stick/sugar mixture and mix until the mixture is smooth and no more banana lumps remain.
- In a second bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter/banana mixture in 3 increments until the ingredients are completely combined.
- Add the oatmeal to the mixture in 3 increments until the oatmeal is completely mixed throughout.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the dough onto the parchment paper-line baking sheets.
- Place in the oven for 13-15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven--they will not look "done" but they are. Do not leave them in the oven for longer than 17 minutes or they will burn.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.
- To make the cream, mix all ingredients together with a hand mixer, if too thick, add additional coconut milk.
- Place 2 tablespoons of cream between two cookies and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 146mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 4g