If you’re like me (and chances are if you’re reading this…you are) you’ve got more Washi Tape hanging around your craft room than you know what to do with. That stuff is amazing! But honestly, there are only so many pencils and notebooks we can customize, right? Ammiright? I am. That’s okay, because Now (add dramatic pause) I’m going to show you how to make your own DIY Washi Tape Unicorn Silhouette. *drops mic* Uh, yeah, lemme just say that this one is Sooo pretty and since we all have different styles you can really make this your own. I love mine and I just know you’re going to love yours, too! Happy Crafting!
What You Need To Make a DIY Washi Tape Unicorn Silhouette:
- printer with black ink and printer paper
- white heavyweight paper
- glue stick
- washi tape in various patterns and colors
How To Make a DIY Washi Tape Unicorn Silhouette:
1. Drop and drag the unicorn pic to your desktop.
2. Drop and drag it to a word doc and adjust the size to match the frame that you want to use. (Make the unicorn small enough to fit in the center.)
3. Print the unicorn, carefully cut it out and set it aside.
4. Trim a white sheet of paper (preferably heavyweight card stock) to fit inside the frame.
5. Beginning at one edge of the paper, apply washi tape strips one after another until the paper is full.
6. Trim with scissors or fold over the washi tape on the edges of the paper.
7. Turn the unicorn silhouette over and gently apply glue to all areas being careful to not rip the paper.
8. Flip the unicorn over and position it in the center of the washi tape paper.
9. Press gently to adhere unicorn to the washi tape background.
10. Insert the picture into your frame and you are done!
Are you looking for more Washi Tape fun? Check out our DIY Washi Tape Unicorn!