While the holidays bring cheer and happiness, they also bring a bit of craziness. At the end of the day, sometimes the best way to get through it all is through a delicious cocktail. Since I am all about peppermint, (and that is the total craze now) I partnered with Agave In The Raw® and came up with this White Chocolate Peppermint Cocktail. It may just be the drink that knocks Santa’s boots off!
Supplies Needed to Make a White Chocolate Peppermint Cocktail:
- 1/4 Teaspoon Agave In The Raw®
- 1 oz. Rum Chata
- 1 oz. Peppermint Schnapps
- Marshmallow Creme
- Red Food Coloring
- Peppermint Bits (or crushed candy canes)
- Cocktail Shaker
- Martini Glass
- Peppermint Sticks
- White Chocolate Chips
- Plastic Baggie
How to Make a White Chocolate Peppermint Cocktail:
- Dip your martini glass into the marshmallow creme coating the sides of the glass.
- Place the glass into the peppermint bits to cover the rim in the candy. Tip: I put some peppermint bits onto a plate and then tipped the glass upside down.
- Melt your white chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments. Remove and stir then repeat until chocolate is melted.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into a baggie and snip off the tip.
- Very carefully, fill the bottom of the glass with white chocolate and work in a circle motion to cover the glass with a light coat of chocolate. Place into freezer until hardened.
- In the meantime, combine the ice, Agave In The Raw, Rum Chata, Peppermint Schnapps, and 10 drops of red food coloring in the shaker. Shake well. Note: If the color is too pink, add a few more drops of red food coloring.
- Once the chocolate in the glass is hardened, remove from freezer and pour the cocktail mixture into the glass.
- You can serve immediately or top with whipped cream and additional peppermint bits.
Life is Sweeter with Agave In The Raw®
Agave In The Raw is an organic sweetener from the core of Mexico’s blue agave plant. It’s about 25% sweeter than sugar which means a little can go a long way. It’s gluten free and has a low glycemic index too.
I used it in this cocktail to make it a bit more sweet. I only used a little and it totally gave it that perfect balance of sweetness to go along with the chocolate, mint, and liqueur.
Whether it’s coffee, oatmeal, or even a cocktail you need a bit of sweetening, Agave In The Raw is what you need! You can learn more on the Agave in The Raw Website, snag a coupon, and find a retailer near you. Don’t forget to connect with them socially on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube too!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of In The Raw via RhythmOne. The opinions and text are all mine.