DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are in our super cool Facebook group by now, right? If not click here to join!
OMG. I LOVE a good cobbler. I don’t really like pie, I don’t really like cake, but cobbler is a WHOLE different thing!
My grandmother made the BEST cobbler, and I’ve always been afraid to recreate it, for fear that I’ll mess it up.
But, it is next to impossible to screw up this recipe.
Here Are The Ingredients You Will Need
2-3 Cups Cut Up Fresh or Frozen Peaches (cover the bottom of the baker)
1 Cup of Self Rising Flour
1 Stick of Melted Salted Butter
1 Cup + 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Sugar
Cinnamon to Dust on Top
Here Is How To Make The Cobbler
Lightly spray a square or round baker with cooking spray.
DUMP all your peaches into the baking dish.
Throw the flour, egg, butter, and 1 cup of sugar into a mixing bowl.
Mix until there are no lumps in the batter — about 30-45 seconds.
Sprinkle 1 1/2 Tablespoons of sugar over the peaches.
Carefully spread the batter on top of the peaches.
Dust the top with cinnamon.
Bake in a 350 degree, pre-heated oven until golden brown — about 35-45 minutes.
Now, you can substitute ANY fruit for the peaches. I have used frozen blackberries, frozen blueberries, and fresh strawberries, and it always turns out OMG good.
If you want, top it with some whipped cream or ice cream. Nom-nom!
- 2-3 Cups Fresh or Frozen Peaches
- 1 Cup Self-Rising Flour
- 1 Stick Salted Butter, Melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup + 1 1/2 Tablespoons Sugar
- Enough Cinnamon to Dust the Top
- Lightly spray a square or round baker with cooking spray
- Cut peaches into bite-sized pieces.
- Cover the bottom of your baker with peaches.
- Mix together flour, butter, egg, and 1 cup of Flour. Mix until lumps are gone.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of sugar on the peaches.
- Carefully spread the batter (it will be thick) onto the peaches.
- Top with a dusting of cinnamon.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until golden brown, 35 - 45 minutes.
You can TOTALLY substitute just about ANY fruit for the peaches. You can use fresh or frozen. They work equally good. Some ideas are apples, blackberries, strawberries, or blueberries.
You can top it with whipped cream or ice cream!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 294Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 382mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g
If you love all things sweet and delicious — and most importantly, easy — you have to check out this Vanilla Crazy Cake. It doesn’t use eggs, milk, or butter!