We all love soup, it’s a super yum and easy, filling meal, but all too often we opt for canned soup. These canned soups are too high in sodium and will dehydrate you! So try this super easy (and 100x healthier!) tomato soup recipe!
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tbsp honey
1. In a pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Once it’s melted, add the onion and sauté for around 5 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and sauté for another 3 minutes or so.
3. Now, add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and bay leaf to the pot. Let this simmer for around 10 minutes.
4. Remove the bay leaf from the soup and blend with your blender of choice, whether it’s an immersion blender or even a juicer. You can even skip blending for a chunkier (but just as delicious soup option!)
5. Stir in the honey, and if you want, add some more salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with a tablespoon of milk per bowl (option) for a creamier soup, and garnish with basil. Also, a great side for this dish is cheese bread!
7. Eat and fall in love.