You can make your own face mask out of a bandana, and it’s easier than you might think! Dude, you don’t even need to know how to sew!
We now know that the CDC has recommended that the general public — that’s you and me — should be wearing face coverings when going out where there are people.
LUCKILY, I have a few bandanas at home, and they will TOTALLY work for making a face mask just like the CDC recommends!
Here is how you make a Face Mask using a Bandana.
1) You need one bandana. You can TOTALLY use a cotton square of fabric — 20″ by 20″ — if you don’t have a bandana.
2) You need a CLEAN coffee filter, a pair of scissors, and a pair of rubber bands or hair ties.
3) Fold the bandana in half.
4) Place the CLEAN coffee filter on the center of the folded bandana.
5) Now fold the top of the bandana down over the filter, and the bottom of the bandana up over the filter (so you fold it in thirds).
6) Place a rubber band around each side of the folded bandana.
7) Fold the ends of the bandana toward the center.
8) Voila. Face mask. Now fit it snugly over your face, and the rubber bands over your ears.
You can see a video, below, showing how to make a bandana face mask. But, it’s important to note, the CDC recommends using a coffee filter in the middle of the bandana.
There are also several other different kinds of face masks you can make.
You can make a T-Shirt face mask, using the directions HERE.
There are also face masks made from leggings, and you can find the directions HERE.