These 5-Ingredient Lazy Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies are not only super easy, they are crazy delicious!!
I was making dinner tonight, and my son wouldn’t stop begging for chocolate chip cookies.
Now, normally I would tell him, “Good luck with that.” But, I had all the ingredients to make these super quick, 5-ingredient Lazy Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies — so tonight, he gets his cookie wish.
Luckily, I had just gone to Walmart, and picked up one of these disposable 9X13 cake pans — because I’m too lazy to try to find the pan that’s buried in my kitchen somewhere.
I made sure to wash it out really well, and then I sprayed it down with cooking spray. You can use butter to grease the pan — that’s up to you.
Ingredients For Lazy Cake Cookies
- You need a box of Cake Mix. I use White Cake Mix, but I’m sure Yellow Cake Mix works just fine.
- Two Eggs
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 Shareable Bag Of M&M’s (or about 1 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips if you’d rather)
I use a secret ingredient, but you can totally leave it out, and the cookies will still be BOMB!! Pecans or Walnuts will add a bit of nuttiness to your cookies. Delicious!!
Directions For Lazy Cake Cookies
- Dump the Cake Mix in a mixing bowl.
- Wait — I almost forgot to tell you to Preheat your oven to 350º Farenheit
Now, back to the directions for this super-delicious Lazy Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies
- So, you have your Cake Mix in a mixing bowl.
- Stick 5 Tablespoons of Butter in a microwave safe mug, and melt it (about 40 seconds in 20 second intervals, stirring in between each interval).
- Add your 2 Eggs to your Cake Mix (you can beat them before you add them, or just crack them and add them).
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract to the mix.
- Dump in your M&M’s.
- Add your butter.
- Marvel at how amazing the ingredients look!
- Here’s where you add the Pecans or Walnuts if you want them.
- You can also add whatever other ingredients you want. Maybe some Mint Extract or some Butterscotch Chips.
- Stir everything up.
- I’m not gonna lie. It’s hard to stir. Remember, it’s cookie consistency, and not cake batter consistency.
- Get in there with your clean, buttered hands, and squish it all together.
- Now, you’re going to dump the batter into your 9X13 cake pan, and spread it out.
- This is the hardest part! Use your hands, it’s easier. You are going to wonder why you ever started this endeavor. You are going to pray that it all works out okay. Make it a THIN layer — i’m talking like 1/8 to a 1/4 inch — and get it as close to the edges as you can.
Wash your dang hands. They are going to be a mess!!
Lazy Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies — Done In 20 Minutes
Put the cake pan in your preheated oven, and bake that batter for 20 minutes on the middle rack.
When your kitchen timer goes off, get an oven mit, and take the cake pan out of the oven. You are going to be A-MAZED at how stinkin’ good it looks!!
Let it cool about 5 minutes, and then cut it into squares.
Wrap any leftovers tightly with plastic wrap — or put them in a reusable plastic container.
Try not to weep happy tears at how freaking amazing your cake cookies turned out. Enjoy the accolaids from your family, as they wonder at the deliciousness of these Lazy Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies.
See the printable recipe below.
5-Ingredient Lazy Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies
- White Box Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 5 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Spray a 9X13 cake pan with cooking spray
- Dump cake mix into mixing bowl
- Add eggs, vanilla, and M&M's to mixing bowl.
- Melt butter and add to mixing bowl.
- Mix (hands work better)
- Spread dough in 9X13 cake pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350º.
- Slice into cookie squares.
Add pecans or walnuts to add a nutty flavor.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.