Summer is just a few short weeks away. Whether you are working on that summer body now or maybe wanting to maintain a healthy lifestyle all summer long, having a tasty and healthy snack idea is a must! It’s even better if it’s frozen because after all, who doesn’t want something cold and refreshing during those summer heat waves? This Pineapple-Apple Summer Smoothie is the perfect solution so take a look at the recipe and give it a try yourself!
What You Need to Make a Pineapple-Apple Summer Smoothie:
- 1 Cup Pineapple Juice (organic)
- 1 Fresh Banana, peeled
- 1/2 Cup Plain Yogurt (I used fat-free)
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- 1 Cup Ice
- 1 Cup Frozen Pineapple Chunks (organic if possible)
- 1 Cup (4 oz.) Santa Cruz Organic Fruit Sauce Cups in Apple
How to Make a Pineapple-Apple Summer Smoothie:
- Pour your pineapple juice into a blender.
- Add your fresh banana, yogurt, ice, sugar, pineapple chunks and Santa Cruz Apple Sauce.
- Blend well.
- Pour into some cups or glasses. Include a straw and garnish with fresh pineapple pieces.
- Serve and enjoy cold!
Embracing The Organic Lifestyle
When you decide to start eating better, it can be a tad-bit overwhelming. Simply because there are so many options when it comes to healthier eating. I personally like to eat organic whenever I can because I know I am getting all of the goodness without all the harmful chemicals or additives to the food. If you are just getting started on your organic journey, I have a few tips for you:
- Start small. Nobody has an organic lifestyle overnight. It’s a process. Start with small foods like small snacks (much like the Santa Cruz Organic Fruit Sauces featured in this post) and organic fresh fruits and vegetables. Small changes over time can help you achieve a healthier and organic lifestyle.
- Buy in bulk whenever possible. Buying organic in bulk can really help you save. It’s a known fact that overly processed foods are cheaper than organic but aren’t better for you. You can even split the cost with a family member or friend to help cut costs while enjoying a healthy lifestyle.
- Start a garden. Gardening is not only therapeutic but it’s also rewarding. Knowing you grew something fresh and delicious is the ultimate accomplishment. Have kids? Get them involved too and it can be an entire family project to life a sustainable life together.
I hope you will keep my quick tips in mind for the next time you are actively seeking out organic food choices for you and your family. Remember you can also check out Santa Cruz Organic Fruit Sauce Cups which are available in Apple, Apple Apricot, Apple Peach and Cinnamon Apple varieties. Everyone associated with Santa Cruz Organic – from manufacturers to growers – is dedicated to making environmentally sound choices. Sustainability for Santa Cruz Organic means supporting its resources, from the farms and suppliers to the energy used to produce the brand’s certified organic products and I think that is something we all can appreciate!
What are your tips for embracing the organic life?
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Santa Cruz Organic. However, the opinions remain my own.
As a pioneer organic brand, Santa Cruz Organic® was the first to have a wide range of organic, 100 percent juices and blends and the first juice processor to use all organic fruit sourced from growers certified by an independent, third-party certification organization. With a history of developing innovative products, Santa Cruz Organic currently offers more than 60 organic items ranging from organic fruit juices and lemonades to organic fruit sauces, chocolate syrups, peanut butters and fruit spreads. Visit www.santacruzorganic.com for more information
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Santa Cruz Organic. The opinions and text are all mine.