DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Eating healthy food isn’t always fun or easy. I mean, who wants vegetables when you can have a juicy burger right? Well, as our kids head back to school we need to be a good example for them and that is why I am sharing these Vegetable Hummus Bites with you.
First off, they are vegetables BUT with the hummus they are delicious. Plus they are totally NUT FREE so no worries for those with allergies. These are actually the perfect mid-afternoon snack or even a great addition to your child’s school lunch. I am sure you or child won’t know the difference between these and some delicious double-fudge cookies! 😉
Supplies Needed to Make Vegetable Hummus Bites:
- Traditional Hummus
- Red Bell Pepper
- Green Bell Pepper
- Corer Tool
How to Make Vegetable Hummus Bites:
- Slice the zucchini into rounds about 1.5 inches thick.
- Using your corer, gently remove the middles of the zucchinis. You do not want to go all the way throw the zucchini as you will be filling them with hummus. Simply go about half way down and remove the centers making a hole in each one.
- Fill the zucchini centers with hummus. I used a small baby spoon to spoon it in.
- Slice your green and red bell peppers into thin strips.
- Place 1 red and 1 green bell pepper strip into the center of each hummus filled zucchini.
- Serve and enjoy!
Looking for another delicious and healthy snack idea? Check out this Cucumber Honeydew Salad!