Disney is working on a modified opening, so that it can get all the parks up and running as quickly and smoothly as possible.
We were all sad — and actually quite shocked — when Disney announced they would be closing due to the coronavirus outbreak.
SO many people had to quickly cancel their vacation plans. OMG, I would have been devastated!
Nothing is official, but Disney may be working on a modified opening plan, that would help get that Mickey Mouse magic to people as safely as possible.
Some of the things Disney is possibly considering
- Keeping table service restaurants at 50% capacity, with 6-feet in between tables.
- No Fireworks shows, and no parades. *SUPER Sad Face* Basically, any show-type attraction that would cause guests to gather en masse is a big no-no.
- No quick service restaurant queues. They would heavily rely on mobile ordering.
- No face character meet and greets. This would be like, the Princesses, Tinkerbell, Gaston, and characters WITHOUT full body costumes.
- Limiting the capacity on all Disney Transportation.
- Setting back up the hand washing stations.
- Re-opening the park in phases, so they can better control guest spacing and capacity.
- Perhaps the hardest part, IMHO, will be limited the size of the queue for rides. Perhaps they will utilize a reservation system?
I must say, I applaud Disney for keeping the safety of their guests their number one priority. Thank you, Disney!