To say we are obsessed with nail art at my house is a bit of an understatement. The thing is, it’s hard to paint those tiny fingers! Especially when they want adorable nail art like the older girls!
With a little patience, and these tips and tricks, your little girls (and boys– who am I to judge?) will have the coolest nails of all!
Kid’s Nail Art Hacks
- No time for nail art? No problem, just use those little reward stickers!
- Use permanent markers. No, seriously. These work and they’re safe!
- Polka Dot it! There is no easier nail art!
- Jamberry Junior’s Nail Wraps! These things are seriously amazing. They stay on for two weeks and they make tiny ones for little kid nails! (Plus, they’re buy 3 get 1 free if you use my link!)
- Or, they make these nail art pens that are water based, so you can wipe them off and redo the designs if you mess up!
- Watercolor nails. Seriously, these nails are super simple, and it’s like a science project on your nails!
- Keep it super simple. Remember, kids have tiny hands. Those crazy intricate designs that you see on super long fancy nails won’t work on kid hands!
- Paint skittle nails! This is so simple– you just paint each nail a different color and your kid’s nails will be super cute!
- Use rhinestones! No, seriously– they are SO easy to put on, and you can just cover them up with a quick top coat!
- Minions are so freakin’ adorable. And, it turns out they are super easy to turn into nail art for kids, too.
- Use nail polish stripers. You can find these at pretty much any dollar store, and they come in all sorts of cool colors!
- Use a band aid! I am not even kidding. It makes teeny little dots of adroableness on your nails!
- FLOCKING! This stuff is amazing and it will make your child’s nails look like something out of a monster’s inc movie! I am ALL about the flocking!
- If you don’t have all those cool colors that the kids are totally into, just use some old mascara to make your own.
- Use tape to get cool geometric designs. Seriously, just plain ‘ol tape. I usually paint my daughter’s nails a solid color, then when they start to wear, I add some
- Go abstract. Okay so, your kids want really complicated Puffles on their nails? Just do a simple version instead!
- Let them paint on their nails with whatever they want to, and then just seal it with a fast drying top coat! It will stay for days and days!
- Use their artwork and turn it into nail wraps! They will freak out at wearing their own art on their nails!
- Want to know how stylists get those perfect little flowers on tiny nails? Dude, it’s easy.
- Make your own nail decals with a baggie and some nail polish.
- Use nail foils. These things are amazing. You can get them here.
- Use a toothpick to make these super cool nail art shapes. So simple.
- Go matte. For some reason, matte top coats dry super quick and stay on for like, ever.
- Little stripes. This is a super chic runway manicure that your daughters will think you’re cool just for knowing about!
- Use Elmer’s Glue as a base coat so you don’t have to use nail polish remover on your kid’s hands!
This post contains affiliate links.