The Cool Lime Refresher used to be one of Starbucks’s primary refreshers options. But despite a TON of protest, it was replaced by the Mango Dragonfruit Refresher.
There have been tons of petitions to bring it back, but so far, no luck. So we are here to bring this amazing drink back to life for you!
At Starbucks, the Cool Lime Refresher was made with a Cool Lime pre-mix, water, and freeze dried lime wheels.
So we had to dissect the specific ingredients within the cool lime mix to be able to bring you this amazing drink straight from your home!
To make your very own Cool Lime Refresher, you will need to have these ingredients on hand:
- Mint Leaves
- Lime Juice
You’ll start by pouring 2 cups of water in a pitcher or bowl. Add chopped mint leaves and chopped up cucumbers to the water.
Let the ingredients sit in the water for at least 15 minutes, preferably refrigerated. Then you will want to strain it well, to separate the liquid from the cucumber pieces and mint leaves.
After straining the water, you’ll add lime juice and sugar, pour it over ice, and garnish it with lime wheels and mint leaves.
And just like that, you have your very own Cool Lime Refresher.
Now, the one thing the Starbucks refreshers have that this doesn’t, is green coffee extract. The Starbucks refreshers are highly caffeinated…which I feel like most customers don’t know!
So if you want to add yourself a little caffeinated kick, add some Green Coffee Extract to the drink to give you the boost you’re used to getting at Starbucks. And that’s it!
If you’re interested in learning how to make some of the other current Starbucks refreshers, check out some of our other recipes:
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 tsp sugar
- Lime slices
- Mint leaves for garnish
- 3/4 tsp green coffee bean extract powder (more if you want to up your caffeine intake)
- Start by finely chopping the mint leaves and cucumber. Doing this will allow the juices and flavor to extract into the water better.
- Add the chopped mint leaves and cucumbers to the water and let sit for at least 15 minutes, preferably refrigerated.
- Strain the mint leaves and cucumbers from the water.
- Add your lime juice and sugar, and then stir well.
- Pour your mixture over ice.
- Add green coffee extract if you’d like a caffeine boost.
- Garnish with mint leaves and lime slices if you’d like.