This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Char-Broil. All opinions are 100% mine.
My husband is somewhat of a hamburger grilling expert. All summer long, people show up to eat his amazing hamburgers, and I am totally okay with that, because it means I get burgers. So today, he is teaching us how to grill a better burger.
It’s simple really, you can follow these steps to grill a better burger every time.
1. Season your hamburger. Don’t go too crazy with this simple is almost always better when it comes to hamburgers. Salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce is all you need.
2. Form patties no more than 1/2 and inch thick. If you want more meat on your burgers, use two patties. It’s better to do this than to worry about a raw burger.
3. Press down on the center of your patty with your thumb to make a little indention. This makes your burger cook more evenly.
4. Lightly brush or spray your patty with cooking oil before placing it on the grates.
5. Charcoal is the way to go. We love the Char-Broil Kettleman Grill from Lowe’s. It’s only $129, and gets the job done.
The Char-Broil Kettleman Grill is no ordinary charcoal kettle – it is loaded with features that give backyard enthusiasts better control over every aspect of the cooking process:
- Temperature Control – With a super sized cool-touch damper on the grill’s lid, heat management is easy. Vents around the body of the kettle allow air to fuel the fire from all sides, providing even heat to the cooking surface.
- Flare-Up Control – A porcelain coated no-fall-through grate allows charcoal flavor through while keeping flames away from food. Wood chips can be thrown on the grate and small foods like shrimp or asparagus will never fall into the fire.
- Charcoal Control – Designed to grill twice as many burgers with the same 50 briquettes as the leading kettle.
- Ash Control – A slide-in, porcelain-coated ashtray is tight against the grill making cleanup and maintenance simpler than ever.
- Stability Control – Wide stance, heavy-gauge steel legs add stability and easy mobility. A bottom shelf doubles as a holder for the cooking grate or other accessories.
Click here to learn more about the Kettleman grill!