As we near closer to Halloween, we are thinking of all the cute ways we can make and display halloween themed food. These Chocolate Strawberry Ghosts fit right in and are ready to haunt your Halloween party!
I love this recipe because it truly doesn’t take much time, energy or any sort of special skills to make them.
The biggest tip I can give is to make sure your strawberries are fully washed and dried before you make these. Any water left on the strawberries can cause the candy chocolate melts to seize which means it will get clumpy and not stick to the strawberry.
You have been WARNED… Mwahahaha (evil ghost laugh)
What You’ll Need to Make Chocolate Ghost Strawberries:
- Wilton White Candy Melts (you can also use white chocolate chips if you prefer)
- Large Strawberries (washed and dried)
- Black Gel Icing
- Parchment Paper
- Microwave Safe Bowl
How to Make Chocolate Ghost Strawberries:
Chocolate Covered Ghost Strawberries
- First, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. You can also line a cutting board, you just need a hard surface to set these onto to dry.
- Next, in a microwave safe bowl, microwave the white candy melts for 45 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Now, dip each strawberry into the white candy melts, making sure it’s completely coated. You can use a fork or use a skewer to dip it into the candy melt.
- Once dipped, set on parchment paper and allow the melts to harden. You can also place into the fridge to speed up the process.
- Lastly, using the black gel icing, pipe on 2 eyes and a circle for a mouth! Allow to dry.
- Serve and enjoy!