In life there are things that are better when they are paired together. Socks, peanut butter and jelly, rum and coke, and my own personally favorite; chocolate and mint! That pairing has got my tastebuds soaring to new heights this week so we’ve partnered up with Sugar In The Raw to share with you these Homemade Chocolate Mint Cupcakes I whipped together. They are Minty, Chocolatey, and oh so, addicting. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
What You Will Need to Make Chocolate Mint Cupcakes:
For the Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar In The Raw Turbinado Sugar
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cake Flour
- 1 1/2 Cups Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup of Unsalted Butter
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Cold Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons of Mint Extract
- Dark Chocolate and Mint Baking Chips
- Black Cupcake Liners
- Small Ice Cream Scooper (you can also use a spoon)
- KitchenAid Mixer (a handheld mixer will work too)
- Cupcake Pan
- 4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Unsalted Butter (8 tablespoons), softened
- 6 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Mint Extract
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2-3 Drops of Green Food Coloring
- Pastry Bags
- Large Closed Star Tip
- Andies Mints (for garnish)
How to Make Homemade Chocolate Mint Cupcakes:
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Blend well.
- Slowly add the butter, eggs, milk, vanilla and mint and mix until slightly lumpy. Tip: If you using a KitchenAid Mixer, start on 1 to mix then increase speed for 3-4 minutes until well blended.
- Separate the green mint baking chips from the dark chocolate ones.
- Place the green mint baking chips into your cupcake batter by gently folding them into it.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Place cupcake liners into your cupcake pan.
- Use your ice cream scooper to fill each cupcake liner with batter until the liners are half way full (it usually only takes 1 scoop).
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and begin to work on the frosting.
- To make the frosting, start with the sugar and butter. Mix until you get small clumps.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue to stir. You want to achieve a fluffy consistency.
- Spoon the frosting into a pastry bag and attach the large star tip.
- Working from the outside-in, pipe the frosting onto the top of the cooled cupcakes.
- As you reach the middle, give it a swirl and pull up on the frosting to get a nice peak.
- Garnish with half of an Andies mint and serve!
Make it Homemade for The Holidays
Everything is just better when it’s homemade. Not to mention, there is that added sense of accomplishment you feel when you make a batch of cupcakes from scratch. That is exactly why I love this recipe. From start to finish, it’s all homemade and it turns out delicious!
With Sugar In The Raw, you can always have the secret (and main) ingredient for baking right at your finger tips. I mean honestly, having any baked good without sugar is like eating cookies without milk, it’s just not the same!
So pick up some Sugar In The Raw along with some other great baking ingredients and make these delicious Chocolate Mint Cupcakes today!
Sugar In The Raw is available in a Bulk Box and Bag and you can Find a retailer near you here. To learn more about Sugar In The Raw Products visit their website, snag coupons, and follow them socially on: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
Don’t they just look so tasty? YUM!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of In The Raw via RhythmOne. The opinions and text are all mine.