Is your Starbucks temporarily closed? Missing out on your daily caffeine fix? Don’t worry, we’re here to help!
Starbucks recently discontinued their seasonal Irish Cream Cold Brew and that makes me super sad. Our store actually ran out before St. Patrick’s Day, which was a huge bummer.
You will be EXTREMELY lucky to find a store that has any in stock. Most stores ran out at the end of February. And if they didn’t run out, they may have expired before getting it in the hands of customers.
But not to worry! We will show you how to make one of these from home! Whether you’re missing this specific beverage or if you just want to make it from home due to social distancing, we’re here to help!
We have a series of posts about how to make some of your Starbucks favorites from home! Be sure to check out my favorite post: 6 Kid-Friendly Frappuccinos To Make At Home
Today we are going to cover the Irish Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew. Now, this seasonal drink can be yours at any time!
Starbucks has a lot of at home options for making Cold Brew. If you want to purchase Cold Brew K-cups, pre-made bottled Cold Brew, or the Cold Brew at-home pitcher packs, they are all available online or at your local grocery store.
If you are unable to purchase these, the closest thing you can do is brew some double strength coffee at home.
You will need to use double the scoops you normally do (preferably a dark roast), and then let it cool in the refrigerator.
The ingredients to make the Sweet Cream that goes in this drink are Vanilla Syrup, 2% milk, and heavy cream. All of these are purchasable at most grocery stores.
To make Sweet Cream, use half a cup of 2%, half a cup of heavy cream, and 3 pumps of vanilla syrup.
To properly make an Irish Cream Cold Foam Cold Brew, add 2 tbsp of Irish Cream Syrup in the bottom of your cup. Then add your Cold Brew until it fills half of the cup.
Add ice, but leave about 3 inches at the top for your sweet cream cold foam. (Or more if you’re a huge fan of it like me!)
To give your vanilla sweet cream a cold foamy feel, you can blend this mixture in a blender on low, or use a whisk or milk frother.
Add the vanilla sweet cream cold foam over the top of your Cold Brew to give it that nice layered look. Sprinkle a little cocoa powder on top and you have your own Homemade Irish Cream Cold Brew!
Comment below what DIY Starbucks drink you want us to do next! And be sure to check out some of our favorites that we’ve already done!
- Starbucks Cold Brew Coffee (or your regular coffee, double brewed)
- Irish Cream Syrup
- Vanilla Syrup
- 2% Milk
- Heavy Cream
- Cocoa Powder
- First, brew your cold brew or double strength coffee and refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.
- Add 2 tbsp irish cream syrup to your cup.
- Add Cold Brew until it fills half of the cup.
- Add ice. Leave about 2-3 inches at the top for your vanilla sweet cream cold foam.
- Make Sweet Cream by using half a cup of 2%, half a cup of heavy cream, and 3 pumps of vanilla syrup.
- Blend Sweet Cream to make vanilla sweet cream cold foam.
- Add the vanilla cream cold foam over the top of your Cold Brew to give it that nice layered look.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on top and you have your own Homemade Irish Cream Cold Brew!