I love playing with my kids, but sometimes, it’s a lot of sit-and-play and not so much active up-and-play. So, I’ve gathered these 21 Super-Fun Kid’s Fitness Games to keep my kids moving!
We especially love to play these games together when the kiddos are out of school for the summer or over the holidays (almost all of these can be done indoors or out). And, when we’re done, we feel good, happy and ready to move on to the next adventure!
- Just hanging around the house for 5 minutes? That’s when we play the Up-and-Jump Dice game!
- The Lines of Tape Walking Game is actually kinda hard when you let the kiddos lay-out the tape (we ended-up with tape across the couch!).
- We play Scarecrow Tag while we take walks….
- The Fall Leaves Tunnel Run is fun for babies (and for tweens–though they won’t admit it).
- Laundry Basket Frisbee Golf can end-up being a whole afternoon of fun!
- Farm Animal Bowling cracks me up…we make animal noises the whole time.
- I love this Spin-the-Wheel Activity Game!
- “Uno” Fitness is a great way to do a quick-game to get the blood flowing.
- My son loves to play Alphabet Exercises.
- We just got a Bosu and my daugther thinks these Bosu Exercises are so fun!
- I love to play this Memory Game with my son.
- This Card Deck Workout game is so easy.
- Who knew a Newspaper Snowball Fight could be so fun?!
- Paper Plate Ring Toss is perfect for a picnic on the back porch…
- Although it CAN get crazy, the kids love playing Stair Ball.
- Freeze Tag Yoga is sometimes super-silly!
- I love putting together a Pool Noodle Obstacle Course with my son–he thinks its hilarious.
- This Wheelbarrow Walk is just so much fut with my daughter…
- When we play this Apple Orchard Game, the kiddos are super tired! (I kinda love that)
- In the summer, we play Homemade Twister almost everyday.
- These Exercise Cards are genius, fast and simple.
If your kiddos are still bored and not tired-enough for you, here’s another 15+ Activities for Active Kiddos! I love knowing my kids are keeping healthy, keeping moving, and building a good sense of exercise as part of our regular day!