Disney has reached out to fans by giving them all sorts of amazing recipes from their parks! I’m definitely not complaining and now they’ve done it again!
Their latest recipe release is their “Grey Stuff” from Beauty and The Beast.
Gotta love that name! Such a mysterious name for such a delicious thing!
The pudding style dish is typically served at the Beauty and the Beast–themed restaurants: Be Our Guest at Disney World, and the Red Rose Taverne at Disneyland.
But now, thanks to our friends at Disney, it can be made straight out of your kitchen!
Oh, and in case you’re wondering where the name “Grey Stuff” actually came from…listen to the song “Be Our Guest” and you’ll find out why!
“Be our guest, be our guest! Put our service to the test! Tie your napkin ’round your neck, cherie, and we’ll provide the rest. Soup du jour, hot hors d’oeuvres. Why, we only live to serve! Try the grey stuff, it’s delicious. Don’t believe me? Ask the dishes.”
Like seriously…who knew! That just made my day. Anyways, on to the actual recipe!
- 1½ cups milk
- 3.4-oz. package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 15 cookies-and-cream sandwich cookies (think Oreo-type cookies)
- 8 oz. whipped topping
- 1 tbsp. instant chocolate pudding mix
- Scalloped cookies (optional, for serving)
- Combine the milk and vanilla pudding mix, and whisk until fully mixed.
- Blend the sandwich cookies in a food processor until they are a very fine texture.
- Add the cookie dust to the pudding mixture, and stir with a large spoon until fully combined.
- Mix in the whipped topping and the chocolate pudding mix.
- Chill to thicken.
- Serve on a scalloped cookie—or just eat it from the bowl.
We hope this brings a little Disney joy to your life while stuck at home!
Want to drink out of a Disney cup while you’re at it? Be sure to check out our blog about Customized Disney Cups!