You guys, Thanksgiving is almost here, and I’m giddy!! I LOVE Thanksgiving. Not only is it the official start of the holiday season, but we get to enjoy delicious food with family — both relatives and friends.
One of my absolute favorite Thanksgiving side dishes is a big bowl full of fresh cranberry sauce. I will fight you if you say it’s gross. You OBVIOUSLY haven’t had MY cranberry sauce!
Not only do you get the sweet and sour from the cranberries, you also get a kick of bright flavor from the orange juice. And, I even have a secret ingredient, that I’ll tell you about in a minute.
Cranberry Sauce Ingredients
1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
1/2 Cup of Water
1/2 Cup of Orange Juice
2 Seeded and Diced Jalepenos — YES!! I said jalepenos. They are my secret ingredient, and they sneak up on your taste buds like a ninja. I love the heat!! They go so good with the cranberries and orange juice flavors.
4 Cups of Fresh Cranberries
How To Make Fresh Cranberry Sauce That You Will Love
- Heat first four ingredients until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- Add the cranberries, and simmer for about 10-15 minutes. The cranberries will start popping when the sauce is about ready. Don’t be surprised; this is normal. You want nearly all of them to burst open.
- Take the sauce off the heat, and let it cool completely.
- Place the cooled sauce in an air-tight container, and chill for at least 2 hours. The sauce will thicken up as it chills.
Enjoy this sauce with your turkey, with a bite of mashed potatoes, slathered on a buttered roll, or even with some of your green been casserole! You will send me thank you letters; it’s THAT good.
If you are looking for a BOMB soup to go with your Thanksgiving meal, you have GOT to check out this Simple Butternut Squash Soup! You’re welcome.
- 1 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1/2 Cup of Orange Juice
- 2 Seeded and Diced Jalepenos
- 4 Cups of Fresh Cranberries
- Heat the first four ingredients to a simmer.
- Add the cranberries, and cook for another 10-15 minutes, until most of the cranberries have popped open.
- Cool completely.
- Add to air tight container, and chill for at least 2 hours.
If you don't like the heat, you can leave out the jalepenos.