Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday meal of the year, it also happens to be the day we celebrate the day my mama brought me and my brothers into the world!
The food is something I look forward to every year, normally we stick to the traditional meal, but I am thinking maybe we should add something new this year.
When I saw the recipe for The Cheesecake Factory’s Crispy Brussels Sprouts, I practically started drooling and knew that I had to share it with you all.
The Cheesecake Factory’s Crispy Brussels Sprouts is roasted brussels sprouts and crispy leaves tossed with bacon and Vermont maple butter glaze!
You can order the dish at all their U.S. locations, but you can also make it at home to serve on any occasion!
Right now, Brussels Sprouts are in peak season, which makes this the perfect side dish to serve at your Thanksgiving gathering.
The Cheesecake Factory likes to fry these Brussels Sprouts, which they say adds a beautiful nutty, earthy almost roasted flavor but also gives them wonderful crispiness!
How To Make The Cheesecake Factory’s Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- 6 oz. Brussels Sprouts, washed and drained well
- 1 oz. Brussels Sprouts Leaves
- Pinch Coarse Salt
- 1 slice Bacon, cooked crisp, chopped
- 1 oz. Maple-Butter Glaze*
- Carefully remove some of the whole outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts and set aside.
- Cut the Brussels sprouts into quarters and fry them until completely cooked, hot throughout and slightly crispy. Remove from the frying oil and allow to drain on paper towels.
- Fry the Brussels sprout leaves until crispy. Remove from the frying oil and allow to drain on paper towels. Sprinkle a little coarse salt over the crispy leaves.
- Place the quartered Brussels sprouts into a mixing bowl. Add the chopped bacon into the bowl. Drizzle the Maple Butter Glaze evenly over the ingredients and gently toss together. Place onto a serving plate or into a bowl.
- Gently mound the crispy Brussels sprout leaves on top of the quartered Brussels sprouts.
And now I’m starving!