DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are in our super cool Facebook group by now, right? If not click here to join!
Football season is upon us and that means we need quick, easy, and inexpensive appetizers to serve up to our hungry guests. What you may not think about is the fact that many people have allergies and while we can’t keep all of them away, (that would basically mean serving water and salad) we can certain hit some of the most common ones like peanuts and dairy. So today I partnered with Silk to take the #MeatlessMonday challenge and bring you this Dairy-Free Spinach Dip. Yep, it’s meat free too!
With traditional recipes for Spinach dip they normally call for cream cheese or sour cream both which contain dairy. A lot of people also have the wrong impression that mayonnaise contains dairy products but in general it does not. So by substituting the cream cheese or sour cream with Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt, you are eliminating the potential risk of a dairy reaction to your guests. Don’t worry about the taste because you cannot even tell it’s yogurt!
What You will need to Make Dairy-Free Spinach Dip:
- 2 Containers of Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt (I used the vanilla flavor)
- Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix
- Chopped Spinach (I used the frozen kind)
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- Water Chestnuts
How to Make Dairy-Free Spinach Dip:
- Cook the spinach according to the directions on the package. Then drain and allow to cool.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least 2 hours or until cooled and firm.
- Serve and Enjoy! This is best paired with chips, bread, or pretzels.
More About Silk:
Plant based diets are better for you and the environment which is exactly what Silk is all about. Silk’s plant-based beverages and yogurt alternatives are extremely versatile in the kitchen and can be used to create delicious meat- and dairy-free versions of your go-to tailgating recipes like what I made and shared with you today.
About Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative:
- 6 grams of plant-powered protein
- Delicious taste and creamy texture
- Free of cholesterol, dairy, lactose, gluten, carrageenan or casein
- No artificial colors, flavors or funny business
- Excellent source of Calcium and Vitamin D
- Low in saturated fat
- Enrolled in the Non-GMO Project’s product verification program
- No high-fructose corn syrup
Looking for more ways to incorporate more plant based products in your life? Make sure you visit the Silk website for product details, recipes, money saving coupons and more! You can also use their product locator to find a store near you that sells Silk products.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.