DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are in our super cool Facebook group by now, right? If not click here to join!
I love dating my husband because I honestly think it is what keeps our marriage strong. We need that time away from our boys and other distractions. While we enjoy time away from our home too, it isn’t the most feasible option so we tend to have date night in the comfort of our own home. You might think that after weekly date nights at home, we’d get bored but it’s just the opposite. We have tons of fun and we can do it without spending a fortune. Today I’ve partnered with Breyers Gelato Indulgences to bring you 10 Inexpensive At-Home Date Night Ideas so you can have affordable and fun date night’s with your spouse!
10 Inexpensive At-Home Date Night Ideas
You might have heard the statement “families that play together, stay together” before and while I certainly agree with it, I also agree that that statement holds true for a healthy marriage. The reason is because as married couples (and especially as parents) sometimes we forget that we are completely ALLOWED to have fun! It’s entirely okay to bring out that kid that is hiding inside us all and let our hair down. This brings me to the first idea on my list…
- Play games together. Whether it’s video games or board games, games are fun. You can play and laugh with your spouse and enjoy each other’s company. For me, that means popping in the newest game my husband has purchased. Recently we started playing Gears of War Ultimate Edition and it totally rocks! It’s fun and engaging and we have to work together as a team sort of like we do in real life.
- Stream a movie. Almost everyone has Netflix nowadays and that means free movies! Yay!
- Give each other pedicures. Yes real men love their feet looking great too! Giving each other a nice pedicure can relieve stress and help each other look and feel great.
- Build a puzzle. Puzzles are time consuming and require patience but can be so rewarding especially when you work on it together (again with the team work).
- Write love notes for each other. Okay, so this is one I just ADORE and do it with my husband. Simply sit on opposite ends of the couch and write a quick love note to each other. It’s a great way to remind one another how much you love them and gives each partner a confidence boost.
- Read a book together. Hey it’s a thing. You know those books on tape? Well, now you can have your spouse read to you instead. Take turns reading a romantic novel and enjoy a nice cup of wine along with it.
- Bake together. Cookies? Cake? Brownies? They are all deliciously the same and in the end they will have been baked with love.
- Go through old photos. Memories are the best when shared so bust out those old photos and reminisce on good times.
- Star gaze together. When is the last time you took a moment to head outside late at night and look at the stars? I’ll give you a minute to think… yep that is what I thought. Star gazing is romantic and should be done frequently!
- Make it fancy with gelato. Want to feel like you are in Paris? Pop in a movie (or continue to play those games) and enjoy some delicious gelato. My personally favorite is the Breyers Gelato Indulgences Mint Chocolate but I have more on that below.
Breyers Gelato Indulgences is Your Perfect Date Night Treat
I have to admit, I haven’t always been a fan of Gelato. I used to think the consistency was off and it just wasn’t ice cream (which I totally love). It wasn’t until I was introduced to Breyers Gelato Indulgences that I fell in love with it. It’s just so creamy and delicious I have a hard time putting the carton down.
The Breyers Gelato Indulgences comes in the following 8 flavors:
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Vanilla Caramel
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Raspberry Cheesecake
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Tiramisu
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Triple Chocolate
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Cappuccino
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Strawberry Truffle
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Mint Chocolate
- Breyers Gelato Indulgences Chocolate Caramel
Breyers Gelato Indulgences Cappuccino, Breyers Gelato Indulgences Strawberry Truffle, Breyers Gelato Indulgences Mint Chocolate and Breyers Gelato Indulgences Chocolate Caramel. The Breyers Gelato Indulgences Mint Chocolate was my favorite and the Breyers Gelato Indulgences Chocolate Caramel was my husband’s but they were all delicious.
Breyers Gelato Indulgences is the ultimate indulgence for the perfect date night at home. The combination of rich gelato, luscious sauce and gourmet toppings inspires and elevates the best moments of your day which is why I suggest you pick some up for your next at-home date night.
Breyers Gelato Indulgences is available in grocery stores nationwide in a 28.5 oz clear tub, showcasing the gelato with its luscious sauce and gourmet toppings, and retails for a suggested prize of $4.49-$5.99.