I was wondering when Disney would release another recipe, I was so getting antsy over here!
But finally, another homemade goodie is here to create mouth watering food at home and it’s just in time for Mother’s Day! It’s called Tonga Toast and it’s served at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
And the best part is that this recipe only takes 7 ingredients, so it’s super simple to make and I’ll walk you guys through step by step, of course courtesy by Disney Parks Blog.
- 3/4 cup of granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 4 large Eggs
- 1 1/3 cup of whole Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of granulated Sugar
- 1 quart of Canola Oil, for frying
- 1 loaf of Sourdough Bread (uncut, 12 inches long)
- 2 large Bananas, peeled
For The Sugar-Cinnamon:
Mix your Sugar and Cinnamon until thoroughly blended in a medium bowl that’s large enough to roll toast. Then, set aside.
For The Batter:
Whip the Eggs until they are well beaten in a medium bowl that’s large enough to also dip toast in. Then, add your Milk, Cinnamon, and Sugar and mix all together. Set aside.
For Your TONGA TOAST:
- Preheat your oil to 350°F in a large pot or a deep fryer. (If you are using a large pot, make sure to use a candy thermometer to make sure the oil does not surpass 350°F, or else your toast will burn.)
- Slice the bread into four three-inch-thick slices.
- Cut each Banana in half crosswise, then each piece lengthwise.
- Place a slice of bread flat on the counter and tear out just enough from the middle (do not tear all the way through) to stuff half a Banana into; repeat this step with each slice of bread.
- Dip the stuffed bread into your batter, covering both sides and allowing any excess batter to drip off the bread. Then, place your bread carefully into the hot oil.
- Cook 4-5 minutes until golden brown. If needed, turn the toast over after 2 minutes and cook for another 2 minutes on the other side. Remove and drain excess oil.
- Roll the toast in Cinnamon-Sugar and repeat for each piece of toast.
And there you have it, the perfect mother’s day recipe to whip up in the morning for your favorite momma! Plus, don’t forget the coffee, moms work hard, xoxox.