We can all agree that it is now Halloween season right?
With the celebrations of Halloween, we also see celebrations of Dia De Muertos AKA Day of the Dead, which is a completely different holiday than Halloween.
Dia De Muertos is the holiday that honors the lives of loved ones who have passed away and the celebration originated in Mexico.
I’m in Texas and the town I live in has a huge Day of the Dead celebration!
Pop-Tarts is joining the celebration this year and have used designs used for Dia De Muertos!
They partnered with Kellogg’s HOLA Latino Business Employee Resource Group to create the designs in celebration of the contributions of the Latinx community.
Pop-Tarts is providing grants to 4 Latinx art organizations!
You can visit the NALAC website to learn about the grant recipients.
The Frosted Chocolatey Churro Pop-Tarts will have five different designs:
- Papel Picado, a decorative craft made by cutting elaborate designs into sheets of colorful tissue paper.
- Calaveras de Azúcar, the celebrated sugar skulls.
- Flor de Cempasúchil, the iconic marigold flower.
- Veladora, the Mexican religious candle.
- Alebrijes, the brightly colored Mexican folk sculptures featuring fantastical and mythical creatures.
Each of the limited-edition boxes will come with 12 churro-flavored Pop-Tarts that are perfect for a breakfast on the go or a quick snack!