We are huge Star Wars fans at my house! So much so that we made our own Lightsaber Sugar Scrub!
It was totally my daughter’s idea to do the light side/ dark side thing, and I LOVE the way we got both colors into the bottle.
What you need to make Lightsaber Sugar Scrub
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Oil (We used coconut because it’s more solid than other oils so it kept the colors separate.
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar (Just regular sugar works fine. You don’t need to get fancy with this.)
- 2-3 Drops of Gel Food Dye in Red and Blue (You don’t want to use so much because it will stain hands.)
- 10 or so drops of your favorite essential oil.
How To Make Star Wars inspired Lightsaber Sugar Scrub
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave for about 30 seconds
- Mix the coconut oil, sugar and essential oil together in a bowl
- Move half your sugar scrub to a different bowl.
- Color one bowl blue and one bowl red.
- Put both colors into a cute mason jar for maximum adorableness. Watch the video below for an awesome trick to getting the two colors next to each other!