This post brought to you by Chloraseptic®. The content and opinions expressed below are that of Totally The bomb.
This is the time of year when a sore throat can sneak up on you before you know it. While we all want to prevent sore throats before they happen, sometimes that just isn’t possible. (Which is why I love this Cold & Flu Tracker because it tells me when a bug is headed our way!)
When your kid is sick, the last thing you want to do is hunt for the right meds to get through it. We love this sick bucket for tummy troubles, and decided to do the something similar at our house for sore throats.
What’s in our sore throat kit?
- Chloraseptic Spray: We love the honey lemon warming spray. My daughter used it on her throat last night and it felt better in no time! (And right now, you can get use this $1 Chloraseptic® Coupon to save on Cholraseptic products.)
- Salt: Gargling with warm salt water is my mother’s cure for everything that ails you. I always keep a container of it in my sore throat kit, because I don’t want to be trying to get enough salt out of the shaker when my kiddo is hurting. Who needs that?
- A Cup: This is for the warm salt water.
- Honey: In our house, sore throats usually come with coughing, and in between medicine we try to soothe with a spoonful of honey. It works every time.
- Plastic Spoons: For The Honey. Then you can just throw it out when it’s all sticky instead of taking it back to the kitchen. (Because in my house, I put it on the nightstand, and there it sits, and sits.)
- Peppermint Tea: So soothing.
- Sore Throat Lozenges: (Don’t use these with littles– they are a choking hazard!) I am so glad these exist. We keep this on hand at all times, and we actually used them today. So good!
- A Bottle of Water: A lot of times my daughter doesn’t like cold water when her throat hurts, but I always keep my water in the fridge. If I stick one in the kit, I am guaranteed to have a room temperature bottle.
What would you put in your sore throat kit? Join the conversation over on Chloraseptic® Facebook and let us know!
Chloraseptic® is the #1 pharmacist recommended sore throat relief brand*
*Lozenges Tied for #1