So, I blame a lot of stuff I do every day on the fact that I write for teens. I figure it’s time to come clean. Truthfully, I love all this stuff. 🙂
- Online Gaming – I love playing games with friends. So much so, that my new character has a bit of an online gaming internet addiction. So I like to blame the fact that I spent most of last night perfecting my drum solo in a Beatle’s song on the fact that I really need to BE this character and understand where she’s coming from.
- Talking Like a Teenager – I’m for serious peeps. Occasionally, I’ll catch my self saying (out loud) O-M-G or W-T-F, and that’s really just the tip of the iceberg. So if you cool cats want to get jazzy tonight, I’ll hot dog it on over to the speakeasy and we can 23-skidoo!
- Pink Hair, Blue Nails, and Whatever the else crap I want to wear – Okay, so when you get all grown up you’re supposed to stop dressing like you’re fifteen, but I was way too big of a wimp at fifteen to dress the way I wanted, so instead I just do it now.
- Being Plugged In All The Time – I love being on the internet. Browsing Reddit all day, checking out the latest fads on the GeekSugar, Twittering, Reading Blogs, Watching Live Stream Videos… it’s all so fun. But, who the heck has time for all that stuff unless it’s part of their JOB to check it out. Well, I have to keep up with the trends, don’t I?
- Reading piles and piles of YA Books – You have no idea just how cool it is to buy up like very book in the whole store and then attribute it all to research. It’s amazing.