I know I know.. I’ve been so busy lately that I’m pretty much just bringing you book reviews.
BUT, at least they’re great books, right?
Today we’re talking about The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball by Risa Green. I mean, how can you not love it. It’s pink AND it’s secret! (Oh, and there’s a magic 8 ball… dang I my magic 8 ball. I wonder if my mom still has it.)
What really made this book rock for me was the main character. She’s deceptively normal, and I LOVE that about her. I also loved the way the story didn’t leave anything behind. That’s always one of my favorite things, when an author brings up some teeny tiny tidbit in the very beginning of the book for what seems like no apparent reason, and then it turns out it DOES matter–and it’s a HUGE part of the story!
Risa totally does that. Again and again. Will you love this book?
It is decidedly so.
Looking for other great stories to read?
- Elana Johnson and LiLa Roecker celebrate the release of Across the Universe with giveaways
- Christine Fonseca gets lost in Nightshade
- Shannon Messenger raves about Like Mandarin with an ARC Giveaway
- Jamie Harrington thinks the outlook is good for The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball
- Shelli Johannes-Wells celebrates Harcourt winners
- Michelle Hodkin, Carolina Valdez Miller and Shana Silver travel Across the Universe
- Scott Tracey gets some Clarity
- Myra McEntire is In The Fort with Beth Revis
- Megan Miranda falls head over heels for Fall For Anything
- Bethany Wiggins is living for Three Quarters Dead
- Jen Hayley worships Unearthly
- Carrie Harris flips for Hold Me Closer, Necromancer
- Kirsten Hubbard goes crazy for Delirium