DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
This week so far we have made Dinosaur Soap and even this Indominus Rex Cocktail to share our excitement for Jurassic World with you. We also love this Dinosaur Fossil Soap because it looks totally awesome! To add to the awesomeness, we came up with this Jurassic World Inspired Amber Fossil Slime! It’s so easy and fun to make and it will certainly keep your little one’s busy for hours!
Supplies Needed to Make Jurassic World Inspired Amber Fossil Slime:
- 2 Teaspoons Borax Detergent Booster
- 1 1/2 Cups of Water
- Tangerine Essential Oil
- 1 Bottle of Elmer’s Clear School Glue
- Plastic Toy Insects
- 1 Drop of Red Food Coloring
- 3 Drops of Yellow Food Coloring
- 2 Mixing Bowls (one small and one larger)
- Mixing Spoons
How to Make Jurassic World Inspired Amber Fossil Slime:
- In your small bowl combine 1 cup of water and 2 teaspoons of borax. Stir well then set the bowl aside.
- In your larger bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 of water and the entire bottle of glue. Stir until well combined.
- Add 1 drop of red food color and 3 drops of yellow food coloring into the water/glue mixture. Mix well.
- Add 2-3 drops of your Tangerine Essential Oil. While this step is optional, it does give a very nice smell to the slime.
- Pour your water/borax mixture into the colored glue mixture. You will see the slime start to form immediately.
- Use your hands (or a spoon) to mix the ingredients well and then remove the slime from the bowl. You will notice some water left over. You can toss this extra water and place the slime back into the bowl.
- Add your plastic toy insects. Remember the idea behind this slime is to have fossilized insects like in the original Jurassic Park movie. You can just push the bugs in until they are covered in the slime.
- Allow the slime to set for a few minutes before playing.
- Let your kids have some fun! When they are done make sure to store in an airtight container for future use.