This week so far we have made Dinosaur Soap and even this Indominus Rex Cocktail to share our excitement for Jurassic World with you. We also love this Dinosaur Fossil Soap because it looks totally awesome! To add to the awesomeness, we came up with this Jurassic World Inspired Amber Fossil Slime! It’s so easy and fun to make and it will certainly keep your little one’s busy for hours!
Supplies Needed to Make Jurassic World Inspired Amber Fossil Slime:
- 2 Teaspoons Borax Detergent Booster
- 1 1/2 Cups of Water
- Tangerine Essential Oil
- 1 Bottle of Elmer’s Clear School Glue
- Plastic Toy Insects
- 1 Drop of Red Food Coloring
- 3 Drops of Yellow Food Coloring
- 2 Mixing Bowls (one small and one larger)
- Mixing Spoons
How to Make Jurassic World Inspired Amber Fossil Slime:
- In your small bowl combine 1 cup of water and 2 teaspoons of borax. Stir well then set the bowl aside.
- In your larger bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 of water and the entire bottle of glue. Stir until well combined.
- Add 1 drop of red food color and 3 drops of yellow food coloring into the water/glue mixture. Mix well.
- Add 2-3 drops of your Tangerine Essential Oil. While this step is optional, it does give a very nice smell to the slime.
- Pour your water/borax mixture into the colored glue mixture. You will see the slime start to form immediately.
- Use your hands (or a spoon) to mix the ingredients well and then remove the slime from the bowl. You will notice some water left over. You can toss this extra water and place the slime back into the bowl.
- Add your plastic toy insects. Remember the idea behind this slime is to have fossilized insects like in the original Jurassic Park movie. You can just push the bugs in until they are covered in the slime.
- Allow the slime to set for a few minutes before playing.
- Let your kids have some fun! When they are done make sure to store in an airtight container for future use.
Want more fun Jurassic World crafts? Check out this awesome post from Simplistically Living. Seriously though, how cool is this Dinosaur Fossil Soap?
Tuesday 23rd of November 2021
Is borax safe for kids to use?
Sunday 23rd of July 2017
Hi. Thanks for the idea. Will this slime be stretchy or or more on the tough, crunchy side? I'm asking because there's quite a bit of borax in the recipe. Thank you
Wednesday 18th of January 2017
I wanted to make this as a party favor, how much goop does 1 bottle of glue make?
Monday 12th of September 2016
AWESOME! THANKS FOR THE IDEA. THE KIDS ARE GONNA LOVE IT!