This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREOCookieBalls #CollectiveBias
We’re getting ready for the Big Game (even though our favorite team lost out on the second round of elimination) and I’ve decided, for a delicious treat, we’re going to have Spicy Pepper OREO Cookie Balls!
We love spicy around our house…I even keep a list of spicy slow cooker recipes for when we’re ready for a hint of bite. So, when I was standing in Walmart, looking-up the official OREO Cookie Ball recipe (see below), I totally got excited when I saw the recipe called for cream cheese–which happens to come in the delicious jalapeno flavor! And it really turned-out to be an awesome way to marry spicy and sweet!
That’s why I decided that the Spicy Pepper OREO Cookie Balls were the right way to go.
Official OREO Cookie Ball Recipe:
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Make it!
- MIX cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- SHAPE into 48 (1-inch) balls. Freeze 10 min. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan.
- CUSTOMIZE it with your own ingredient additions or decorative skills.
- REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm.
- Share and enjoy!
Optional ideas for making Spicy Pepper OREO Cookie Balls:
- Shape your OREO cookie balls like jalapenos! LOL!
- Switch-out the regular cream cheese with jalapeno-flavored cream cheese (or chipotle flavored–that would be good, too!).
- Switch-out the semi-sweet baking chocolate for white chocolate.
- Add a top to the shaped peppers using a chocolate candy. You can totally use the melted chocolate from the next step as a glue…
- For the Big Game, I decided to go with neon green (SHwk colors) and white (close as I could get to silver for the Pats), then followed my “more authentic-looking peppers” guidelines, below!
- Or, for more authentic-looking peppers, split the chocolate in half and color each half with red and green oil-based food coloring (this is really important–regular food coloring won’t work on melted chocolate!). Then dip half the cookie balls in red and the other half in green! If you’re feeling really industrious, dip just the top of the red peppers in the green chocolate after the red has dried…makes for an authentic-looking pepper!
I got everything I needed at Walmart!