DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
First it was unconventional lipstick shades. Then it was rainbow highlighters. Now there’s something called rainbrows that I am trying to wrap my head around. I think it’s safe to say that rainbows are very “in” right now. Meanwhile, I’m just waiting for pajamas to suddenly be chic.
I don’t think I’m ready to sport rainbrows, just yet. But who knows- maybe a few weeks of summer and several pitchers of Margaritas will change my mind. Until then- here’s a tutorial for cute ombre rainbow eyeliner. One step at a time, right?
You will need:
- Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (white eyeliner)
- Three eyeshadows of your choosing
- Black Eyeliner (liquid or gel)
- A fine liner brush ( I use the one from Real Techniques)
- Swipe your liner brush onto the Nyx pencil to pick up some product. Draw a small flick from the corner of your eye towards your temple, let up on the pressure as you near the end of the flick to taper off to a point.
- Next, draw a line from the outer corner inwards. This doesn’t have to be perfect: we’re just going to go over iw with shadow anyways.
- Pick up some eyeshadow and gently apply it to the inner third of your liner, using patting motions.
- Repeat on center third with your second color.
- Finish off on the outer third with your third color.
- Repeat step one using a black eyeliner, only this time keep it within the rainbow you already laid down.
- Repeat step two using a black eyeliner, only this time keep it within the rainbow you already laid down.
- Fill it in and add mascara. Boom. Summer Lovin’.
That’s it! Change up the colors for 4th of July, or even a football game when fall rolls around!