Between the craziness of life, family, work, and just trying to remember when to pack extra tampons, it’s hard being a woman. We’ve all got our ups and downs, sure, but there are still things we should be doing daily to make the downs a little more tolerable, and maybe even make those ups last longer. Not that men shouldn’t do these things, too, but as I am a woman I felt it better to speak to my species. Also, anyone who doesn’t agree that women are their own species has never seen us when we forget to pack those extra tampons…here are 10 Things Every Woman Should Do Every Day.
10 Things Every Woman Should Do Every Day
1. Smile, but not because I’m telling you to. If you don’t feel like smiling at anyone else, that’s fine. Just look yourself in the mirror and do it. It really will make a difference in your day.
2. Set your alarm clock for 10 minutes earlier. I know it’s a pain, and hitting snooze is a way of life for a lot of us, but that extra ten minutes can give you some breathe time to drink coffee or just sit in the quiet before the chaos of the day explodes around you.
3. Pack extra socks. Or hose. Or something. Because there is nothing worse than being out and about and either your socks get wet or you get a run. And if you aren’t wearing socks for whatever reason (I’m talking to you, flip-flop season), pack an extra pair of shoes…basically for the same reason.
4. Talk to someone you love. Or a friend, or someone who cares about you. And if they ask how you are, don’t just say ‘fine’. Make sure that you tell this one person how you really are. It’s okay…they can take it.
5. Say something nice about someone else. Bonus points if it’s someone you wouldn’t normally say something nice about. It’ll make you feel better about yourself and about them.
6. Take 15 minutes just for you. And maybe your cat, if you’ve got one. Take a walk, or hide in the bathroom, or just sit in a chair and veg, but those 15 minutes belong Just To You. If someone wants something, they can wait until time is up. They’ll live. Unless you’re a doctor…and if that’s the case, maybe take those minutes after you’re done with your shift.
7. Try something new. Even if it’s a small thing. Normally get the salad for lunch? Maybe today get the hot veggie plate. Just change things up a bit. We all need an adventure from time to time.
8. Find things to be grateful for. You got a great parking spot, the dog did his business super fast, you beat traffic home – whatever it is, actually say out loud, “Today I am grateful for _____.” Gratitude elevates our mood and even if it’s small things at first, pretty soon you’ll see a whole lot in your life that’s going pretty fan-freakin-tastic.
9. Listen to that song that makes you want to shake it, and then shake it. Again, you don’t have to do this in front of anyone, but still do it. Get that blood pumping, even if it’s only for a couple of minutes. Wiggle that booty, do the Carlton, be the worst dancer in the world…you’re going to be happy and smiling by the time you are done so just do it.
10. Look yourself in the mirror and say one good thing about yourself. “I have good eyebrows.” “I’ve still got all my teeth.” “My pee doesn’t smell like asparagus today.” Whatever. Even if you struggle with this at first, you will get better. Embrace the small things and work yourself to bigger. If you say it, eventually you will feel it.
Believe it or not, women, you are all freakin’ rockstars. You are amazing and there are things you can do that no one else can do, and by golly, you matter. Seriously, try these ten things for one week and then tell me how it goes for you in the comments below. I promise you’re going to see a huge difference in your life…even after only a week.
Don’t feel like you can commit to all ten? Try one. Just one. Well, #10. Do that one. And then tell me how that goes.
Note: The woman in this video is Natasha Ruiz and she is WINNING AT LIFE! Remember when I said you should dance to a song you love, it’ll make you happy? I’m pretty sure Natasha agrees.