It’s February and you are probably feeling blah. Between the exhaustion from the holidays and the need of some warmer weather, it’s a tough month. But I am here to tell you to hang in there. Mini Getaways are the key and are completely important to help get you through this month and, here are 5 reasons why.
5 Reasons Mini Getaways Are Important
- They give you mental clarity. Remember the last time you took a deep breath in while on vacation? You probably felt rejuvenated and refreshed, am I right? Even relaxed. That, my friend, is mental clarity.
- They allow you to be creative. When you truly have time to just let go all of the worries and toddler tantrums, it’s amazing what ideas will pop into your head. Heck, it may even be a super sweet idea about how to organize all those baby binkies. No matter how it’s done, time away from it all allows you to be.
- They make you happier. Science has proven over and over that people who take occasional time away from their day-to-day lives are happier overall. And, you deserve to be happy.
- They reduce stress. Think about how much stress you deal with every single day. A small getaway (even for a few minutes) can help you destress and let go of all the worries. And, we all know how decreasing your stress levels is also good for your health.
- They make you a better parent. You know when your kids are driving you crazy for the 10th time today and your patience is gone? Having mini getaways (and frequent ones) will help you gain that patience back. It allows you to step back, take a break from being an adult, and makes you a better parent overall. No more yelling! 😉
Now, I know you may be thinking that mini getaways are not the answer. After all, where will you get the time? Who will watch the kids? Where will you get the money? What if I told you all you need is a small space filled with quiet in your home? Maybe like a trip to your laundry room? Hold on, did I just say that? I sure did! Maybe you can’t escape the dreary weather to experience an exotic land in person, but with a short trip to the laundry room, you can have a mini escape when you pop the top to your favorite Gain Laundry Detergent and smell a Tropical Sunrise, White Tea Lavender, or a Moonlight Breeze.
And that mini escape probably makes you want to take a real vacation too.
Personally, I feel better when I can get even a few minutes of quiet. And for me, heading down into my laundry room and washing, drying and folding some laundry is sort of therapeutic. I can come back up and get back to my job as a mom and being an adult. The best part is, you can pick up Gain at Walmart and save a little money right now, too.
For a limited time, Gain 150 oz. Liquid Laundry Detergent is on Rollback at Walmart for $13.44 (regularly $14.94). In addition, there will be a coupon available in print and on pgeveryday.com to help you save even more: Watch for the RedPlum coupon book in your 2/11 Sunday paper or at pgeveryday.com for $2 off Gain Liquid Detergent (valid through 2/24) to bring the price on your “getaway” down to just $11.44 for 150 oz. of Gain, or less than $.08 per ounce. And when you head to Walmart, that can be a little getaway too. I like to go grocery shopping alone sometimes just to have some “me” time.
What are your favorite mini getaways? Share them with us in the comments below!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Gain at Walmart. The opinions and text are all mine.