These Cranberry Jello shots are just what this holiday season calls for, and OMG they are good!!
You don’t have to be intimidated by Jello shots. They are actually super easy to make.
And, this Cranberry version of the jiggly jolly drink is de-lici-ous!!
They are just plain PERFECT for both the Thanksgiving table and the Christmas table.
In fact, you’ll be the HIT of the holiday party when you pull out these Cranberry Jello Shots!
What You’ll Need To Make Cranberry Jello Shots
- Cranberry Juice
- Whole Fresh Cranberries
- Your Favorite Vodka
- Any Flavor Jello (I used Orange)
- 1 Tablespoon of Sugar
- 15 Little Plastic Shot Sized Containers with Lids
How To Make Cranberry Jello Shots
Pour 1 Cup of Cranberry Juice into a saucepan, and turn it on medium high heat.
Dump In 1 Cup of fresh whole Cranberries (make sure you rinse them first).
Add 1 tablespoon of sugar, and bring to a boil.
Simmer, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes.
When the Cranberries start to pop open — you’ll hear them — roughly smoosh them all with the back of your mixing spoon.
Congrats, you just made Cranberry Sauce!!
Dump the Cranberry Sauce into a mixing bowl, and set it aside to cool.
Now, put 1 more cup of Cranberry Juice into the saucepan, and bring it to a boil.
Take it off the burner, and add in 1 packet of your favorite Jello. I used Orange, but Raspberry, Strawberry, Cherry, even Cranberry would be tasty.
Stir the Jello mixture until it is dissolved, and then let it cool for about 5 minutes.
Add the Jello mixture to your mixing bowl with the Cranberry Sauce, and stir it up.
Now, grab your favorite Vodka (I’m a Stoli Vodka snob), and dump 1 cup of the good stuff into your Cranberry mixture.
Don’t forget to give it a stir.
You’re basically done. All you have to do is pour the mix into the little plastic containers — fill them about 3/4 of the way full.
Refrigerate for about 3 hours — the longer they refrigerate, the more jiggly they become.
Now, dump one of the shots into your mouth in one big gloop, and chew it up.
To save the Jello Shots for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner, put the lids on the containers, and store them in the refrigerator.
- 2 Cups Cranberry Juice
- 1 Cup Whole Fresh Cranberries
- Your Favorite Jello Flavor
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Cup of Your Favorite Vodka
- 15 Small Shot Size Plastic Containers With Lids
- Combine 1 Cup of Cranberry Juice, the Cranberries, and the Sugar in a medium sauce pan, and bring to a boil over medium high heat.
- Boil 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Roughly smash the Cranberries with the back of a spoon.
- Pour mixture into a mixing bowl, and set it aside.
- Bring 1 Cup of Cranberry Juice just to a boil, and take it off the burner.
- Add the Jello package to the Cranberry Juice, and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the Jello mixture into the Cranberry mixture, and Stir.
- Let it cool about 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into the Plastic Containers -- about 3/4 of the way full.
- Put the lids on the Containers, and refrigerate for 3 hours.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.