Everyone on TikTok is making these Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers, and they have me slightly hangry.
They are super simple to make — not to mention they are delish!!
You use an air fryer to turn them into a quick and easy, protein-packed meal.
How To Make Garlic Parmesan Chicken Skewers
First, you need to throw your skewers into some water, and let them soak for 30 minutes.
Now, start with chicken breast or chicken cutlets — whichever you want.
You can either cut them into super thin slices, or cut them into chunks — however you want to thread them onto your skewers.
Throw that cut up chicken into a mixing bowl, and add 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. You can’t taste it — it just binds your spices onto your chicken.
All the recipes differ here, but you can pretty much add whatever spices you want: lemon pepper, chili powder, ranch seasoning, black pepper.
It’s also very important that you add a crap ton of grated parmesan cheese — measure with your heart.
Let that sit and marinate while you make your basting sauce.
For the basting sauce, melt one stick of butter in the microwave.
Add some garlic to that butter — as much as your little heart desires (I added 1 tablespoon of minced garlic).
Throw in 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, the juice of 1 lemon, and about 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese.
Okay. Now you’re going to thread your marinated chicken onto your skewers — pack them on there.
Stick the chicken skewers in your air fryer, and cook them at 400ºF for 10 minutes on each side, basting with your butter sauce about every 5 minutes.
You want the internal temp of the finished chicken to reach 165ºF.
When you finish devouring your chicken skewers, come back here and let us know what you think!
- 2-3 Pounds of Chicken Breast or Chicken Cutlets
- 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
- Spice Blend -- Whatever Sounds Good To You
- Parmesan Cheese -- You're Going To Measure With Your Heart
- 1 Stick of Butter -- Melted
- Garlic -- However Much Your Soul Tells You To Add
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Parsley
- The Juice of 1 Lemon
- Soak your skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut up your chicken into strips of chunks.
- Add mayonnaise, spices, and parmesan cheese to a mixing bowl.
- Throw in your chicken and mix it all up, coating the chicken well.
- Thread the chicken onto your skewers.
- Cook in your air fryer at 400ºF for 10 minutes on each side, basting about every 5 minutes.
- They are done when the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165ºF.
To Make The Basting Sauce --
Melt one stick of butter in the microwave.
Add garlic, parsley, the juice of one lemon, and more parmesan cheese.
Mix it all up well.