Alas summer is over and school has started and everything will be pumpkin spiced from now until March. But for those of us who don’t want to smell like a pumpkin pie, there Has to be an alternative, right? Right?? I submit to you: Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub. Okay, so some hardasses would say this is a scent best held for spring and summer, but I disagree. For those of us who prefer the fresh scent of coconut and citrusy lime there is no better time than fall. Why? Because that’s the only way we can combat the onslaught of pumpkin spice and burnt brown sugar and vanilla. It isn’t that those aren’t great scents, but I just don’t want people thinking about turkey gravy and center pieces every time they come around me. I’d rather smell like the beach and sand and ocean waves. And I’m guessing if you clicked on this, you do, too. Enjoy!
Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub
What You Need To Make Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub:
- ¼ cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 10 drops Lime essential oil
- juice from ½ fresh lime
- lime zest from ½ fresh lime, 1 pinch reserved
How To Make Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a glass bowl. Mix well.
- Spoon the sugar scrub into a fresh jar.
- Sprinkle 1 pinch of lime zest on top.
- Use within 3 days or refrigerate to store indefinitely.
When the coconut oil hardens, the scrub will feel dry and crumbly. Once it is massaged into the skin, the oil melts and the scrub smooths and moisturizes skin.