The holidays are all about tasty treats and eats. I have a weakness for Red Velvet and I just love the color because it’s so holiday-like! So today I’ve partnered with Reddi-wip to share with you this Red Velvet Cake in a Mug recipe. It’s sweet, delicious, and so easy to make. It will quickly become a favorite dessert in your home.
What You Will Need to Make Red Velvet Cake in a Mug:
- 3 Tablespoons Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 1/4 Cup Original Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- PAM Non-stick Cooking Spray (I used the olive oil kind)
- Microwave Safe Mug
- Small Bowl and Mixing Spoon
- Chocolate Syrup Topping (optional)
- Peppermint Candy Pieces (optional)
- Powdered Sugar (optional)
How to Make Red Velvet Cake in a Mug:
- In a small bowl combine your cake mix, water, and yogurt. Note: You will not add any egg or anything else to the cake mixture. Combine well.
- Spray the inside of your mug with the non-stick cooking spray.
- Carefully spoon the cake mixture into the bottom of your mug. You want your mug to be about 3/4 the way full.
- Place the mug into the microwave and heat on high for 1 minute. You will start to see the cake rise. If the cake mix does not look cooked, continue cooking for an additional minute.
- Remove from microwave and allow to cool for several minutes.
- Dust the top of the cake with powdered sugar then top with Reddi-wip, chocolate syrup, and peppermint candy pieces.
- Serve and enjoy.
Sweeten The Holidays with Reddi-wip
When your sweet tooth calls you have to be prepared. I like to stock up on Reddi-wip because it’s something you can put on everything. Sweeten up your morning cup of coffee, your pie, your ice cream, or even brownies. The possibilities are endless and so will your cravings be over the next few months.
Did you know that only 2 out of 5 Americans think they have enough joy in their lives? And, when they do experience joy it’s fleeting because they don’t share it with anyone. When you experience a moment of joy and share those good feelings with someone else, the world becomes a more joyful place (and you experience even more joy).
So while you are out shopping for your Thanksgiving and Christmas meals, make sure you pick up a can (or two) of Reddi-wip. Even keep a lookout for the Chocolate flavor because anything chocolate is better, right? You’ll then be ready to #ShareTheJoy around the table this holiday season.
This is sponsored content written by me on behalf of Reddi-wip. The opinions are all mine.