As a kid I can remember watching the adventures of Charlie Brown on the tele (yes that is what I used to call it back in the day) and there was something about that little boy in a yellow and brown shirt with his adorable little white dog that truly stuck with me. I think he ultimately stuck with so many of us. That is why it’s so exciting to hear The Peanuts Movie will be released soon!
So while I wait here in anticipation, I am going to devour this Charlie Brown Muddy Buddies snack I came up with. It’s delicious, chocolatey, and everything you’d want in a sweet snack! Plus if you have peanut allergies in your home (like I do) then you don’t have to worry because this snack is entirely nut-free!
Supplies Needed to Make Charlie Brown Muddy Buddies:
- Ziploc Quart Gallon Freezer Bags
- 2 Cups Nestle White Chocolate Morsels
- 1 Cup Nestle Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 9 Cups Rice Cereal
- 2 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Box of Lemon Gelatin Mix
- Yellow Chocolate Candies (I used MEGA M&M’s)
- 4 Bowls (make sure they are microwave safe)
- Parchment Paper
- Mixing Spoons
How to Make Charlie Brown Muddy Buddies:
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, add about 1 cup of dark chocolate morsels and place into microwave to melt. Heat in 30 second increments then stir and continue until all chocolate it melted.
- Spoon the melted chocolate into a Ziploc bag and seal shut. Clip the very end off to turn this into a piping bag.
- Apply light pressure and draw out a zig zag shape onto the parchment paper. These are going to resemble the zig zag pattern on Charlie Brown’s shirt.
- Once you have filled the entire cookie sheet, place it into the freezer until the chocolate hardens.
- In the meantime, place 9 cups of rice cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In another Ziploc bag, combine the powdered sugar and lemon gelatin mix until they are well mixed.
- Melt 2 cups of the white chocolate morsels in the microwave the same way you did in step 2.
- Pour the melted white chocolate over the cereal and mix well until all of the cereal is covered.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the top of the cereal and stir well.
- Pour out the cereal mixture onto another cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and allow to cool.
- Remove the chocolate zig zags from the freezer and allow to reach room temperate.
- Combine the yellow chocolate candies, zig zags and cereal mixture. Note: The chocolate will be fragile so be careful when removing from parchment paper.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for future snacking.
Gearing up for The Peanuts Movie Release
The Peanuts Movie official release date is Friday, November 6th so make sure you drop what you are doing that day and take the family to see it! Once your children have watched it, I bet they are going to have Charlie Brown on their mind a lot! That is when you can take them shopping at your local Albertsons Safeway family of local grocery stores and purchase participating products to get your own Peanuts Trick or Treat bag (shown below).
To get this adorable bag just in time for Halloween, you will need to shop and purchase items to make your own fun Peanuts Movie themed snack. Participating Brands/Products include:
- Horizon Organics (lead vendor),
- Coke (Honest and Pure Leaf),
- Johnson & Johnson,
- Pop Secret,
- Snack Pack (ConAgra),
- Schwan’s (Red Baron’s),
- Rich Products(sugar cookies and cakes in the deli),
- ACH Foods/Spice Islands,
- Bertolli/Ragu, and
In addition to this amazingly cool bag, you can Enter The Peanuts Movie Sweepstakes for a chance to win awesome prizes!
So what are you waiting for? Head to your local Albertson’s Safeway Family of Stores and pick up some delicious snacks today. Don’t forget to see The Peanuts Movie in Theaters November 6th!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Safeway. The opinions and text are all mine.