Something I think a lot of people have in common is that we weren’t all that into zombies, er, walkers before The Walking Dead. Or maybe it’s just me. I just wasn’t ‘that’ into zombie lore or bloody viscera or the whole idea of a zombie apocalypse. Now? I’m a full fledged zombophile. Between Shaun Of The Dead, Warm Bodies, iZombie, Z Nation, Fear The Walking Dead, and of course The Walking Dead, I’ve now bridged the gap between “person who couldn’t tell you two things about zombies,” and “person who needs answers.” Which is why I’m here. As we step into season seven I have 5 big questions about AMC’s The Walking Dead, and I’m hoping someone out there can help. Please. Because I’ve got to know…
5 Questions About The Walking Dead
1. How does Michonne keep her katana so sharp? Seriously. It’s like the ginsu of the apocalypse. I’ve never seen her sharpening it, yet that puppy cuts through things like they’re soft butter. We’ve all got that one knife in our kitchen that can’t even cut through a tomato, so how is she managing this? I Really need to know.
2. When the walkers eat, where does it go? Sometimes really late at night I like to make a Mexican food run. And after, I always end up with a burrito baby and that baby’s gotta go somewhere if you know what I’m saying. But the walkers don’t seem to have that issue. They eat and eat and eat and…I just need to know…where does it all go?
3. Why are there no pregnant walkers? Or walkers in clown costumes? Or cheerleading uniforms? This whole thing started pretty darn quick, right? So I’d think by now I’d have seen at least one super duper pregnant walker. Oh! Or the fat ones. I’m a chub; I don’t run. So why are all the walkers so darn skinny? Is the zombie apocalypse the best diet ever??
4. Where does Daryl get all his arrows from? Seriously, please answer this one. It’s like an unending supply. In the episodes where Rick shoots, he runs out of bullets all the time. Not Daryl. He’s Always got more arrows. What does it all mean!?!?
5. Who is cutting the grass? I ask this for super personal reasons. My lawn is never as manicured as the grassy fields and long open spaces on this show. I mean, is there some guy out there just going around maintaining the greens post apocalypse? And if so, where is he now? And can I borrow him? For real…how is it the grass always looks so well manicured?
I love this show. Love love love it. And at this point I’ll probably watch every episode of every spin-off or webisode or other zombie-like show that ever comes out. But that’s not going to stop me from questioning things. Maybe it’s because before I started watching this show I never really cared about zombies or lore or the dead rising (did you know the US government Actually has a contingency plan for a zombie uprising?). Like, it never came up in my every day life, you know? Now, though, almost everyone I know watches. And we’re all super duper into it. And I’m sure you have your own questions. Share them below! Maybe we can find answers together.
Until then, enjoy this Zombitini!