Cottage cheese ice cream is taking over TikTok, and you need to try it!
High in protein, low in carbs, cottage cheese is perfect for most any diet.
People are now turning blended cottage cheese into a sweet frozen treat, simply perfect for that late night snack craving.
It’s important to note. They are calling it “Ice Cream,” and while it’s frozen and sweet, it is definitely NOT ice cream like you would buy at the grocery store.
But, if you are looking for something just a bit healthier, this is a great alternative.
It’s super simple to make. Cottage Cheese Ice Cream only uses a couple ingredients, and is totally customizable with your favorite flavors.
The Basic Cottage Cheese Ice Cream Recipe
So, all cottage cheese ice cream starts with relatively the same 2 ingredients, and then you build from there.
- 2 Cups of Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons of Sugar-Free Sweetener — I love these syrups from Amazon, or some pure maple syrup
Super simple, right?!?
What To Add To Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
The possibilities are pretty much endless here.
Pretend you are Ben & Jerry’s and throw anything that sounds good into the cottage cheese mixture.
Some ideas are:
- Strawberries, Bananas, Blueberries, Peaches, Raspberries or any of your Favorite Fruits
- Graham Crackers
- Oreo Cookies
- Chocolate chips
- Splash of Vanilla Extract
- Peanut Butter — or I like to use PB2 to give it a protein punch
- Shredded Coconut
- Cocoa Powder
- Super-Free Pudding Mix
How To Make Cottage Cheese Ice Cream
Put the 2 cups of cottage cheese and sweetener into a blender — or you can use an immersion blender — and blend the crap out of it.
You want it to be totally smooth — kinda like the consistency of milk.
Then you are going to pour the blended cottage cheese into a freezable container.
Add your favorite flavored mix-ins, and mix with a spoon.
Put it in the freezer for 4-5 hours, enough time for it to get nice and frozen.
Take it out of the freezer, scoop it out of the container, and enjoy!!
It’s a tasty, protein packed treat!
- 2 Cups Cottage Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar-Free Sweetener
- Your Favorite Add-Ins (measure with your heart)
- Put the cottage cheese and sweetener into a blender -- or use and immersion blender
- Blend for about 2 minutes, or until completely creamy
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container
- Add your tasty mix-ins
- Stir with a spoon to your desired consistency
- Freeze for 4-5 hours
Do not expect this to taste just like traditional ice cream. It is a great, protein packed, alternative to ice cream.