I am throwing a party for high school kids soon, and one of the things they HAVE TO HAVE is their coffee. (Is this a thing now? I mostly drank kool-aid in high school, I would be so lame.) Everyone knows coffee is better in DIY coffee mugs, so we aren’t going to drink just any coffee, we are going to drink from these DIY disposable coffee cups with custom sleeves.
Because we are awesome.
I bought these disposable coffee cups (affiliate link) for this project.
What You Need To Make a Custom Disposable Coffee Cup:
- a sheet of heavy scrapbook paper
- pen or pencil
- glue (any glue or glue gun work well)
- buttons, ribbons, gems, anything that will look cute on your coffee cup!
How To Make a Custom Disposable Coffee Cup
- Take apart the sleeve of the coffee cup without ripping the cardboard.
- Lay the sleeve on the back of the scrapbook paper and trace.
- Cut out the sleeve from your scrapbook paper.
- Glue the paper onto the cardboard sleeve and glue the sleeve back together.
- Add embellishments to the sleeve, like the lace shown here.
- Slip the sleeve on your coffee cup and you’re done!
I love this disposable coffee cup so very much, but if you’re looking for a more permanent DIY coffee mug solution, check out these 100 DIY Mugs!