DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are in our super cool Facebook group by now, right? If not click here to join!
You only get so many minutes sometimes to make a meal. I’ve decided to spend them very wisely and make this Insanely Easy Oyster Mushroom Ramen Soup that is divine.
I hate when you have to rush out the door and you really don’t have time to cook.
Makes me really sad on days like that–when the kids’ activities start too early for me to get my gnosh on.
But, this Insanely Easy Oyster Mushroom Ramen? Fast and soooooo easy.
No, really, it’s like INSANELY easy.
Hence the name.
Like, so easy that I would make this for about every meal if my husband wouldn’t kill me for it.
Like, the next time the kids have a playdate at our house, I’m making it for everyone–and if I have a playdate at the park, I’m making this and taking it in our to-go-soup container.
That. Freaking. Easy.
And, like I said, really fast, too.
Once the broth is boiling, you’re less than 5 mintues away from perfection.
And, if you’re making this soup before you head out in the morning–putting it in your sweet soup container, then that 5 minutes to done is another lunch packed for a kiddo–or another round of “found your shoes”.
Precious time, if you ask me.
The secret to the flavor is the magnificent use of fish sauce.
Fish sauce, you say?
Oh, yeah, fish sauce.
Seriously, fish sauce is the magic that turns this from “just another packet of something kind of weird that I have to scarf because I don’t really have time or energy for anything else” to “OMG, I’m making this a million times for every playdate ever.”
And you don’t have to be making Seafood Ramen Soup for the fish sauce to be a fantastic addition to your noodles.
If you don’t have any fish sauce in the pantry, it’s a must.
S, order your fish sauce, then pin this post so you can find it again–and be sure to give this recipe a 5-star rating if you love it!
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbspn fish sauce
- 1 tbspn soy sauce
- 1 tbspn butter or vegetable oil
- 1 tbspn minced garlic
- 1 chopped green onion (optional)
- 1/2 tspn fresh grated ginger
- 1 cup sliced oyster mushrooms
- 1 12 oz. packet ramen noodles
- Sauté butter, green onion, garlic, and ginger in the bottom of your dutch oven until the green onion starts to soften. Should just be 2-3 minutes following the butter melting completely.
- Add broth, fish sauce, soy sauce and chili sauce to onion mixture.
- Stir until mixed completely.
- Add noodles and simmer until the noodles have cooked completely (should be less than 5 minutes once the pot is boiling.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 132mgSodium: 771mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 34g