I am on this kick where I am making my own pickles like every single day.
Now, there is this new TikTok trend of making Old Bay Pickles, and this is really something I can get behind.
Whether you like pickle spears, sandwich slices, or pickle chips, you can turn your cucumbers into these Old Bay Pickles, and you’re going to love them.
What Are The Ingredients For Old Bay Pickles?
Some of these ingredients might seem pretty random, but trust the process.
First you need to get yourself an empty jar with a lid. You can get jars HERE.
Now, take a cucumber, and slice it into your desired shape. It’s the pickle chips for me!
Then you’re going to grab a big bunch of dill, and squish it by rolling your empty jar across the leaves. This helps to release the dill flavor. Don’t skip this step.
Put a bunch of dill in the bottom of your empty jar. Add your cucumbers. Then put a bit of dill on top of the cucumbers.
Now, you’re just going to drop everything else into a separate jar or measuring cup to combine.
Add a 1/4 cup of sliced green onions, 1 cup of water, 1 cup of distilled vinegar, 3 whole peeled garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons of salt, 1 tablespoon of black peppercorns, 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds, a good shake of celery seeds, 1 crushed up Bay leaf, a splash of maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning.
Sounds like a lot, doesn’t it?!? Just stick with it. It’s going to be delicious.
Once you have all your liquids and spices together, pour the whole thing into a sauce pan. Head it up just until the salt is dissolved.
Now, pour the liquid and spices over the dill and cucumbers in your jar.
Seal that lid, and let it sit in the refrigerator for three days to let them get nice and marinated.
The only thing left to do is try those bad boys!!
Let us know what you think.
- 2 big sprigs of dill
- 1 - 2 cucumbers
- 1/4 cup of sliced green onions
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of distilled vinegar
- 3 whole peeled garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1 tablespoon of black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds
- a good shake of celery seeds
- 1 crushed up Bay leaf
- a splash of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of Old Bay seasoning
- Squish the dill with the empty jar to release the flavors.
- Add 1/2 the dill to the bottom of the jar.
- Slice cucumber into your desired shape, and add them to jar.
- Put remaining dill on top of the cucumbers.
- Combine the next 11 ingredients.
- Heat the mixture until the salt is dissolved.
- Pour mixture over the dill and cucumbers in the jar.
- Put the lid on the jar, and
- Refrigerate for 3 days.