Special thanks for sponsoring this post goes to Viactiv, #BeActiv and TapInfluence. Viactiv provided products for personal use. All opinions contained herein are that of Totally the Bomb.
I’m totally trying hard to stay with my New Year’s resolution and be healthier (and maybe lose some weight). Every day, I try to Start the Day Right with that in mind. And these are the 5 amazing ways I’m doing just that.
- Get-up and MOVE! I’ve already committed myself to 15 minutes of walking with the hubster before dinner. So, I thought: why not start the day that way, too?! This probably sounds crazy, but I’m remembering back to the days of elementary school P.E. and my teacher’s reminders that if we’d just break-up our exercise into little bites, it wouldn’t seem so bad. And she was totally correct!
- Turn-on the Right Mindset. By this I absolutely mean turn-up the music! My understanding is that your mind and motivation can be shifted (if you let it) by music. So, if I want to get out of bed, ready to rock, I’m guessing I need to listen to just that–ROCK! And in combination with the getting-up and exercising, this should be pretty easy. Just pop-on my headphones, turn-up the tunes and get my body and mind in-gear together.
- Take Supplements to Help Keep Me Moving. So, I’m not 20 anymore, not that I’m like elderly or anything, but I can feel my workouts more than I did before and I’m also concerned about what’s going to happen when I’m elderly (which is like the whole point of being healthy, right, to live longer and better?!). So, I’m heading-off disaster both now and later by taking some supplements, including calcium for strong bones. Viactiv Calcium Soft Chews are the #1 doctor–recommended calcium supplement chew–and so I thought I’d give them a go. Just one Viactiv Calcium Soft Chew twice daily is 100% of the calcium most women need per day, plus both vitamins D & K–which I totally need! They’re supposed to help a girl reach recommended daily dietary levels as a supplement to normal food sources, so I’m still going to eat better–but this’ll help, too.
- Get My Metabolism Working. My brother told me about this crazy trick to really jump-start your metabolism. It’s hilarious and really easy. You take your shower like normal, but right before you get out, you turn the water down to COLD. Uh, yeah. Let the chilly water rush over your whole body–get good and cold, then hop out like normal. Between the exercise, the supplements and this, my metabolism will be rockin’!
- Eat the Right Way. I have to find fun and yummy ways to eat a healthy breakfast, But really, it’s not THAT hard…my new thing this week? Grapefruit. Yup, it’s like the easiest, yummiest breakfast all the sudden. Don’t ask, just roll with me. It’s actually easier than a bowl of cereal and I can feel the ‘good-for-me’ just dripping out of it. Now, supposedly, grapefruit is supposed to boost your metabolism, but I’m not making any claims, I just think it’s yummy, easy and a fruit without being too super-sweet. I also like a good egg, or other fruit, just this week, it’s all grapefruit for me…LOL!
So, a little word from our sponsor, if you would…Viactiv Calcium Soft Chews are available in milk chocolate, caramel and sugar-free milk chocolate flavors, each individually wrapped making it easy to take your calcium on the go. You can get these at pretty much any store where they sell vitamins and supplements like Walmart, Target, CVS, Walgreems. The Viactiv Gummies, available at Walgreens, come in assorted tropical fruit flavors, and are gluten and dairy free. Which is awesome.
They’re also having a giveaway! You can join the #BeActiv with Viactiv® sweepstakes and show them how YOU plan to be active this year for a chance to win one of 28 prizes, including a $1,000 grand prize, two $500 prizes and 25 FitBit® Flex Wireless Activity Bands. Click here to enter. Now through 2/27/15. See official rules for details. US only.
You can find Viactiv in stores like CVS, Rite Aid, Target, Walgreens and Walmart. For more information about Viactiv and to learn more about keeping bones strong, visit http://www.Viactiv.com #BeActiv
This is a product-provided, sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Viactiv . The opinions and text are all mine.