DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links.
Surely you are in our super cool Facebook group by now, right? If not click here to join!
I LOVE Buffalo chicken! So, when I tried this recipe for Barbecue Buffalo Chicken Sliders, it was an INSTANT hit. This MIGHT be my favorite recipe I’ve ever created!
My kids, who are the pickiest eaters on the planet, even said they were “pretty good,” which means they were awesome!!
What You Need
- 3 Large Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 1/2 – 3 Cups Barbecue Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons of Buffalo Hot Sauce
Slider Extras (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons of Water to Add to the Sauce
- Rolls for the Slider Sandwich
- Pickle Spear for the Side
- Potato Chips for the Side
- Homemade Ranch of Blue Cheese Dressing for Dipping
How To Make Your Instant Pot Barbecue Chicken Buffalo Sliders
Stick your Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts in your Instant Pot, ON THE TRIVET. Cover those pieces of beautiful chicken with 2 1/2 to 3 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce — I use Sweet Baby Rays. Dump in 1/4 cup of your favorite Buffalo hot sauce — I use Frank’s Red Hot, because “That Sh** Goes On Everything!”
You need to add in about 2 Tablespoons of water to the sauce, because it will be too thick for the IP. If the sauce is too thick, you will eventually get a BURN notice on your cooker. If this happens, it’s not a big deal. Just add in a bit more water, stir, and start over.
Put the lid on your Instant Pot, and set the valve to the SEAL position. Set your IP for MANUAL, 10 minutes. Wait to listen for the BEEP BEEP BEEP that tells you it’s on it’s way to yummy town.
Once the IP comes to pressure, it should start the 10-minute cooking countdown. Once it is done cooking, let it NATURALLY RELEASE. Don’t be surprised if this process takes like 10 to 20 minutes.
Now, your chicken just needs to be shredded, and you’re done. You can shred it by hand, with 2 forks, or you can use a hand mixer, which usually works LIKE MAGIC!!
When your chicken is ready, you can put it on your choice of bread.
We love to use Hawaiian rolls. It gives the slider a nice SWEET flavor. You can also use hamburger buns, or small rolls. Some people put them on wheat rolls. You do you, boo.
If you want some of that EXTRA Barbecue Buffalo Sauce that is still in that pot, go ahead and top your slider with more! I’m not here to judge.
If you want to get totally delicious and unhealthy, you can dip that slider sandwich into some homemade ranch or blue cheese dressing. OMG. That added layer of flavor is like foodie nirvana.
Add some potato chip, and a pickle spear on the side, and you’ve got yourself a quick and easy meal!
- 3 Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 1/2 Cups Barbecue Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Hot Sauce
- Place the Instant Pot trivet in the bottom of the pot.
- Place 3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast on top of the trivet.
- Pour Barbecue Sauce over the chicken.
- Pour Hot Sauce over the chicken.
- ADD 2 TABLESPOONS OF WATER to thin the sauce a bit.
- Close Instant Pot Lid, and make sure it is set to SEAL.
- Set timer to Manual, 10 Minutes.
- Let the IP do it's thing.
- When it is DONE cooking, let it NATURALLY Release pressure.
- Take lid of, take the trivet out, and shred the chicken in the sauce.
- Enjoy over a roll.
If you get a "burn" error on the Instant Pot, stir in 2 more Tablespoons of water, and start the timer over.
We use Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce.
We use Frank's Red Hot Sauce.
Shredded chicken is VERY good over Hawaiian rolls.
Enjoy with a pickle and potato chips on the side.
Dip in homemade Ranch or Blue Cheese to add a layer of flavor
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 51mgSodium: 1442mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 39gProtein: 20g